First Might Come Mmorpg For The Pandora.

@Eniko Im not sure of this but I think they do not use display list, they had a old Linux client at version 6 of tibia like 5-6 years ago (now it's version 8.31 next update on the way at version 8.4),

then they discontinued the client for linux when they made a new client for windows, client 7 the reason stated byt hem I think was the new rendering system, probbaly dident see big enough intrest from players on linux to rebuild it to Linux.

Then they only focused on the windows version, Then about less then a year ago they made a new Tibia client for Linux after not beeing avaliable for about 5-6 years, I remember the rants on their forum to not support some older linux distros so im quite sure they do not use render list since they used it in the old version 5-6 years ago adn they did not make it backwards compatible with older systems at all.

So to sum this up, they had a linux version, scrapped it many years ago when they build a new render system, rereleased it this year with new build render system to work with todays tibia. People ranted on the forums of the bad compability with older linux ditros so here we are today.

So this make me think they do NOT use Display List. But they have used it in the past.

//som99

Then it's possible they'll probably have a relatively easy time porting to OpenGL ES (assuming they didn't do any other weird old OpenGL stuff for a 2D game), which is a good sign. :D

Back