Missing In Action

thumpgun

Zombie club life member
Website
Visit site
what things have you been waiting on to be finished or updated.
i have been waiting on

bruce lee

gba emulator update

vectrex emulator

lzars skin

all these or to my knowledge missing in action....

can you add more to my list... :(

Well, people are busy and have real lives too :p

I have read that Zodttd is working hard on the gba front.

The people who can't code (like myself) just have to be patient. I have been waiting for Xroar to be ported the the 2x and i'm sure if I drop enough hints someone will pick it up.

All comes to those who wait :)

dosteridge posted on Feb 19 2007 at 09:00 PM said:
Well, people are busy and have real lives too :p

I have read that Zodttd is working hard on the gba front.

The people who can't code (like myself) just have to be patient. I have been waiting for Xroar to be ported the the 2x and i'm sure if I drop enough hints someone will pick it up.

All comes to those who wait :)

it was my birthday on feb 9 ,,,i was 69 ,,,i dont have that long......lol

Last edited by a moderator:
GBA Emulator full speed with sound
Support ofr Broken Sword fmvs in scumm vm
A comics reader with great controls (seems like I will be doing this one myself if it was never released, but it will have to wait a lot until I have some free time).
GMenu2x new release (my card needs rearranging, and I am just waiting for the next version of Gmenu2x to be released to do so).
Support for USB joypads in NES

Not actually waiting, but dreaming of (am greedy, if you hate greedy people do not continue reading):
PSX emulator with good compatibility + full speed + sound (one day this miracle might happen :( )
Quake 2 port (full speed with support for keyboard + mouse + tv out)

fatdad posted on Feb 19 2007 at 09:09 PM said:
it was my birthday on feb 9 ,,,i was 69 ,,,i dont have that long......lol
:lol: I would'nt worry fatdad, they say we are all living longer these days :)

Edit: Happy Birthday

PokeParadox posted on Feb 19 2007 at 10:32 PM said:
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main (int argc, char** argv)
{
cout << "Hello World" << endl;
return 0;
}
That looks unusually complex for a Hello World program. Does it do something clever? Like other than print to a console? (Just started learning C Btw)

Patiently waiting for Gba emu update. Meanwhile, playing Baldurs Gate on Gba emu :)

Also wondering about gpu940 and PSX.. Dreaming...

@sehs33 Djwillis released a new svn compile of Scummvm for Gp2x, It has support for some new games potentially - dxa'a are enabled in Feeble files - I haven't checked Broken Sword (I think it works using dxas but with broken saves, not sure). I'm going to do some testing on it in the next few days anyway.. I meant to do it before the weekend, but I got busy.

Zeladin posted on Feb 19 2007 at 04:28 PM said:
That looks unusually complex for a Hello World program. Does it do something clever? Like other than print to a console? (Just started learning C Btw)

No.

#include <iostream> //included for input/output
using namespace std; //uses the std namespace

int main (int argc, char** argv) //this is normal
{
cout << "Hello World" << endl; //print out "Hello World" plus the endline character
return 0; //since this function should return an int, return 0 on successful exit.
}

Zeladin posted on Feb 19 2007 at 11:28 PM said:
@sehs33 Djwillis released a new svn compile of Scummvm for Gp2x, It has support for some new games potentially - dxa'a are enabled in Feeble files - I haven't checked Broken Sword (I think it works using dxas but with broken saves, not sure). I'm going to do some testing on it in the next few days anyway.. I meant to do it before the weekend, but I got busy.

DXA (and native support for the SMK's) in the Broken Sword games are still very much a WIP, they do work but also are a little slow/out of sync. Support for the native SMK files appeal to me greatly for a number of reasons (mostly speed).

As for the broken save support in the VT engine games, I thought I fixed it in the early Feb 0.10.0 test release but I let a 2nd bug (same symptoms) slip in so I hope to nail that in the next test release or so, I also want to get the predictive text style input for the AGI engine a little more refined on the GP2X before I do another public SVN build.

Ravnos posted on Feb 19 2007 at 06:32 PM said:
Zeladin posted on Feb 19 2007 at 04:28 PM said:

No.

#include <iostream> //included for input/output
using namespace std; //uses the std namespace

int main (int argc, char** argv) //this is normal
{
cout << "Hello World" << endl; //print out "Hello World" plus the endline character
return 0; //since this function should return an int, return 0 on successful exit.
}

Actually it could have been shortened a wee bit.

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main ()
{
cout<<"Hello World\n";
return 0;
}

Not much, but it will make it easier to understand if you don't use meaningless statements.

To make it even shorter you could lose the namespace and have it just printf instead of cout. The std namespace has some other nice goodies, though, even though they're not necessary for a hello world program.

sehs33 posted on Feb 19 2007 at 09:20 PM said:
Not actually waiting, but dreaming of (am greedy, if you hate greedy people do not continue reading):
PSX emulator with good compatibility + full speed + sound (one day this miracle might happen :( )

Keep dreaming ;) Full speed PSX with sound is not possible on this hardware - no 3D GPU, well at anything better then FS4 anyway. It would take years of hard work and optimisation to get to a playable speed but would never be "full speed with sound" as in Full speed , 60 FPS w/sound. CDs are too damn big to be practical, I found his out with Sega CD.

My "wish" would be *8-gig card capability* we need it these days. So my demand is for GPH to make the new FW compatible with 8 gig cards.

DaveC posted on Feb 19 2007 at 04:03 PM said:
sehs33 posted on Feb 19 2007 at 09:20 PM said:

Keep dreaming ;) Full speed PSX with sound is not possible on this hardware - no 3D GPU, well at anything better then FS4 anyway. It would take years of hard work and optimisation to get to a playable speed but would never be "full speed with sound" as in Full speed , 60 FPS w/sound. CDs are too damn big to be practical, I found his out with Sega CD.

My "wish" would be *8-gig card capability* we need it these days. So my demand is for GPH to make the new FW compatible with 8 gig cards.
PSX games can be practical but only for certain games. If you don't care that much about extra crap like cutscenes then you can get iso's without those. Compression methods can make it even more practicle. Racing and fighting games are an example of games that dont really need these cutscenes, extra music tracks to be fun. For example you can get dead or alive down to about 30 megabites.

And IIRC Ridge Racer to 4.5 MB only.
Again DaveC, I was dreaming, and I believe in miracles, who knows what is Unai cooking...

Full speed Super Mario RPG, after that the GP2X would be complete in my eyes.

therealadmin posted on Feb 19 2007 at 11:47 PM said:
Actually it could have been shortened a wee bit.

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int main ()
{
cout<<"Hello World\n";
return 0;
}

Not much, but it will make it easier to understand if you don't use meaningless statements.

'endl' isn't meaningless it adds the '\n' but more importantly flushes the stream so you can actually see the output. You'd be ok in this case because the program exits anyway flushing the stream.

This is C++ btw not C

Back