Is There Any Gba Emu In The Works?

* Hands d_lamer2003 an asbestos blankie *

(You're not getting off on a very good start here ;))

Yono posted on Aug 15 2006 at 05:39 PM said:
I like it how telcolou can write a response and not even answer the question.

Anyway, check out Illexboyadvance. There is nothing to show yet, but the developer is commited.

... Hey, at least I'm not Vimcas .... he would have banned him for it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
TelcoLou posted on Aug 15 2006 at 11:46 PM said:

Anyway, check out Illexboyadvance. There is nothing to show yet, but the developer is commited.

... Hey, at least I'm not Vimcas .... he would have banned him for it :)

I only asked a question, I did not open a flame/spam war! That kind of attitude (banning people for asking questions), would I think hurt the sales of gp2x!. I mean the 1st thing I asked in this forum was about the SNES emulator (last week), and everybody jumped on me, and some people told me, I should not own gp2x etc! Come on, If I was a buisnees I surely doesnt want my forums,filled with members telling other members not to buy my stuff etc. Imagine EA or microsoft forums, and newbies ask questions, and the forum members, tell them "you should not buy microsoft products because u are too newbie!". Come on guys, sorry I had to say this, because this was the attitude towards me since I registered on this forum, and I assure u, I am not a noob on computers. :angry: I have played with various linux distros, and I bougth the gp2x just for that reason because it is running linux!!!!. ^_^

Thanks yono btw for that link, and sorry for my rant of above.

....Maybe you need to be here longer before you pass judgement on people for getting pissed at the newbies who dont bother searching :)

(I also see you deleted your illegal ROMS link in that other topic ... N00b ;P)

Learn to use the damn search feature instead of bitching because you didn't get the answer you wanted when you asked a question that's been asked a million times. That is all.

Also Also, grow some thicker skin ... the other day someone got me but good, linking me to a listing on Amazon for a "Vocabulary for Dummies" book. I laughed my ass off.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 15 2006 at 05:57 PM said:

....Maybe you need to be here longer before you pass judgement on people for getting pissed at the newbies who dont bother searching :)
I save my anger for anime-posting trolls.

Yono posted on Aug 15 2006 at 06:02 PM said:

....I'm not exactly sure where you're going with this.......

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Aug 15 2006 at 06:06 PM said:
Yono posted on Aug 15 2006 at 06:02 PM said:

....I'm not exactly sure where you're going with this.......

KEKEKE ANIME TITS ARE BETTER EBCAUSE I"LL NEVER SEE REAL ONES KEKEKE

... it seems like this thread is derailing at the speed of diarrhea.

I would like to offer a heart-felt, sincere apology on behalf of the entire forum ...

... 'cept for the fact that I'm not sorry :lol:

I don't think you CAN search for "GBA Emulator" due to the short word (GBA) and most people don't know you can use Google to search forums and sites' contents. (in the future you can do a google search for 'GBA emulator site:gp32x.de' or similar on Google.) And he clearly made some attempt to educate himself. So I'll explain ...

What you tried were ports of PC emulators written in C to the GP2X; with no conversion to be suited for the ARM9 processor or video hardware at all. As a result, they run piteously slowly. GBA emulation is VERY stressful and just emulating the 16 MHz ARM7 in it alone is a big task-- and in C it's guaranteed to be slow. The emulator-in-development 'IllexBoyAdvance' is using a different approach. Since the GBA and GP2X use microprocessors based on the same architecture (ARM7/ARM9) I.B.A. uses static recompilation to generate ARM9 code from the GBA games' ARM7 program code that can run NATIVELY and incredibly fast on the GP2x, leaving headroom for stressful graphics emulation and sound/input handling, etc. This is why I.B.A. will run acceptably while the horrible copy-and-paste C ports never will.

That said it's not out yet but odds are something playable is available reasonably soon. You can read about it in the GP2X development forum on here in at least one topic, I think 2 are going right now about it.

Thanks epicenter for that explanation. I understood ur explanation dont worry if u thought u were a bit technical. To the others trying to diss me for being a noob, Enjoy it. B)

d_lamer2003 posted on Aug 15 2006 at 06:29 PM said:
Thanks epicenter for that explanation. I understood ur explanation dont worry if u thought u were a bit technical. To the others trying to diss me for being a noob, Enjoy it. B)

Why do you 12-year old twerps insist on using abbreviations for words that don't need it? This is not AIM, and unless you're trying to rush your replies so you don't get caught using Mommy & Daddy's PC, it's moot (and makes you look like the n00b you claim you are not)

P.S. N00b :p

TelcoLou posted on Aug 16 2006 at 12:32 AM said:
d_lamer2003 posted on Aug 15 2006 at 06:29 PM said:

Why do you 12-year old twerps insist on using abbreviations for words that don't need it? This is not AIM, and unless you're trying to rush your replies so you don't get caught using Mommy & Daddy's PC, it's moot (and makes you look like the n00b you claim you are not)

P.S. N00b :p
Eh I wish I was a 12 year old kid.... <_< Age is taking its toll now. But about the abrrevations thingy. I have them built in now :p. Btw please admins delete this thread because now its turned into a spam fest :). :p

Back