MiniMenu / Simplified UI

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
Is there a desire for a MiniMenu like UI? If so, but nobody is in (Skeezix?), I could work on something similar (like my Tournament Hub).

I've had help with the dependancy thing over the last couple of projects, so I could probably make something stable if it's desired?

Last edited by a moderator:

ghostpatch

@ pmprog

your tournament hub looks great! Is it possible to switch background colour? I prefer dark ones

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
your tournament hub looks great! Is it possible to switch background colour? I prefer dark ones
There was an option to have both. But due to dependancy issues, it didn't run on a number of Pandoras. Then I got distracted with writing Sky Supreme for a party, and when I released that on the Pandora, there was talk about the libraries - and with the KeePassX release, I think I finally understand what libraries I need to include.
I may come back to Tournament Hub if people still want it. TBH, I've not touched any of the C4A stuff for months.

Fzero

Advanced Member
I'd like minimenu, I like to boot up into that a lot, when I know I'm just going to be playing games for the day.

I only just seen that Tournament Hub too, it looks really nice

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
I'd say let's take minimenu as a  base and improve it.
From the other thread:

I would like to be involved with this (see my other thread). I guess to do that though, you'd need to know the specs of the PND/PYRA package format(s) going on in the other thread.
It would be nice if you could start on top of the minimenu code (and maybe make your changes backward compat :p )
Well, going back a while, I was talking to Skeezix when I was hacking in my WiFi menu, and he mentioned about rewriting with support for plugins etc. Might be a good time to address that?

Neelix

Insecticidal Maniac
Perhaps this could be accomplished with a panorama interface?  Panorama is a plugin engine to begin with,   so it would a good base for creating such an extendible interface.  (and it is after exactly what Panorama was designed to do in the first place)

- Neelix

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
I cloned Pandorama (or should I say, I cloned the PNDManager), not had chance to see if I can actually build it yet, but sure, it's certainly something to consider.

ingoreis

Advanced Member
Staff member
I use often Mini Menu because Cpu intensive Things work nearly ever a bit faster from it.

Example: Qemu,Reicast,some Betatesting PNDs and and and....

I would love when someone can do it more minimalistic for more Speed ;)

I am shure there load Things in the Backround who are not realy needed.

A simply PNDstart Gui is what i mean.

No great OS,simply start your PNDs with the fastest what Pandora can ;)

Askarus

Hardcore Member
I use often Mini Menu because Cpu intensive Things work nearly ever a bit faster from it.

I don't think it'll make any difference on the Omap 5 any more.

Maybe check out the Menus the DS flash cards use.

Maybe we could get some ideas from them.

Always could use them easily even as a child with no experience.

commander-beef

Very Active Member

I created a gui for reicast, but it is still WIP, so theres no release as PND yet..

bzar

A Commando
Website
Visit site
Perhaps this could be accomplished with a panorama interface?  Panorama is a plugin engine to begin with,   so it would a good base for creating such an extendible interface.  (and it is after exactly what Panorama was designed to do in the first place)

- Neelix
Funnily enough, the current Applications-plugin would work out of the box for both deb-installed applications and PNDs alike without any changes :)

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
Funnily enough, the current Applications-plugin would work out of the box for both deb-installed applications and PNDs alike without any changes :)
Okay - So all done then ;) What's next?

bzar

A Commando
Website
Visit site
Exactly. There are a few incomplete ones in Panorama's interfaces, but to truly make one for daily use I think a couple more plugins would be useful. One being a network plugin for configuring wifi and stuff, another for the "menubutton" stuff that's in pandora currently. If someone makes a network plugin that can reliably tell me whether there is a network connection available, I'll integrate it to PNDManager as well to make a smarter "offline mode" :p .

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
If someone makes a network plugin that can reliably tell me whether there is a network connection available
Still need to try and build PNDManager first, but I could have a go with that.

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
If someone makes a network plugin that can reliably tell me whether there is a network connection available,
Dont know how to make a plugin, but in a shell script, you could go this way :
Code:
if [ $(/sbin/ifconfig |awk '!/127\.0\.0\.1/&&/inet add/'|wc -l) -gt 0 ] && ping -qc 1 repo.openpandora.org;then
 return 0
else
 return 1
fi