Minecraft is Lego now

Prometheus

Knowing everyone here, you might already have heard about the plans for this, but this bears mentioning anyway: Pre-orders have begun for the official Minecraft Lego set, which could, I assume, be the first of many if it does well.

I really, really like the Lego Creeper, I must admit.

Also worthy of note is that the previously "maybe"-status name for the game's protagonist, Steve, is now officially set in stone. :p

More images are available on the set's official Facebook page.

I just hope that now this is done, they'll get back to finalising the official plushie Creepers, because I really want one of those. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, this model is not bad, but what is better is the site to "design" your model... it's so great... I'll have to try to create a model...

btw, I'm surprised you didn't submitted a megaman yet...

^ I must be missing something. :p

I didn't follow any links off of the ones for the official Minecraft set, though...

That said, I am currently getting some parts ordered so I can make a Lego Prometheus, if that counts. :lol:

Wouldn't there kind of be a rights issue, if I submitted a Mega Man project? :blink:

probably... It will surely fail at the lego aproval step I guess, through you can surely submit some inspired work, no?

To be honest, I prefer plain Lego sets, and making figures from existing parts and using my imagination for the rest! :p The themed sets always struck me as a bit limiting.

I just thought that the Minecraft one was neat because it manages to be a licensed set that's based on something that isn't limiting for the same reasons that non-licensed-property Lego isn't, and thus remains non-limiting itself. :lol:

To be honest, I prefer plain Lego sets, and making figures from existing parts and using my imagination for the rest! :p The themed sets always struck me as a bit limiting.

you can always sumit a themed set with mostly only plain parts... and I have to agree, the part to specialized/themed suck...

Back