Miku Manor

Sounds like fun..

A bit like a OS on a Virtual Drive which can comunicate whit your Main OS

(Is this Correkt??)

At least you have someone, you can talk whit if your physikaly alone..

Mybe i also should make me a own tulpa, but not from a Japanese Vocaloid Singer..

This explain much, its a own person in your mind,

But whouldnd this whole tulpa thing dosnt need to much brain power?? I mean its have to work for too peaple...

Somethimes a bit strange, but also quite interessting..

Mybe i also should make me a own tulpa,
I don't think you should create a tulpa out of boredom.  There are lots of cool experiences recorded by other hosts of that community, it's okay to be interested, but I would suggest against trying anything until you've read about them a lot or talked a lot with someone who already has a tulpa.  It's a life long thing.

I once heard of these lucid dream inducing sleep masks, they use blinking LED's to allegedly indicate on dreaming while the person wearing the mask is asleep. Not sure of how practical these things are but look it up if you're interested.

The cheaper ones use a microcontroller (like Arduino) that times the blinking via some sort of timer, while i heard that there were more fancy ones that also use small EEG sensors.

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit like a OS on a Virtual Drive which can comunicate whit your Main OS

(Is this Correkt??)

But whouldnd this whole tulpa thing dosnt need to much brain power??
I'd say it's more like a combination of virtualisation and dual booting, in that both OSes run at the same time and also have direct access to the underlying hardware.

As for it needing a lot of brain power, well I seem to be managing just fine. ;)

I'd say it's more like a combination of virtualisation and dual booting, in that both OSes run at the same time and also have direct access to the underlying hardware.
As for it needing a lot of brain power, well I seem to be managing just fine. ;)
Virtualization is when a machine uses a program called a Hypervisor to provide hardware access for several paralel operating system instances, where one serves as a host and the others are regarded to as guests. Dual booting simply starts a machine with one of the installed OS's depending on the user's choice, so i don't think there's really a way of "combining" the two.. unless you want to setup two or more Virtualization host OS's for some reason.

Mybe you have a Dual Core Brain :)

(Some Peaple are able to use both halfs for diverent task at once...)
I don't think you got this right.. the brain always works with both halfs as far as i know. Some people are just better at multitasking.

Tulpa personalities develop substantially faster than original person personalities, apparently because the brain already has a huge catalog of the first person's experiences to pull from, plus of course the closely understanding guidance of the first person themselves. (and a fully grown brain to house them)  A tulpa with enough attention and care can become a functioning adult in only a month or two.  I've heard of tulpas being created by tulpas too, I wonder how much the creation time necessary could shrink if the efforts are focused from more than one mind.

I think hyperthreading sounds like a better computer comparison than dual cores.

they both have the same level of control over the body (given time/practice).
Wait, same level of control?

What in theory happens to the original personality when a "Tulpa" takes over, does he or she just keep existing in a seperate phase or something?

Won't it put a person in danger of a contition similar to DID?

If a person and their tulpa are fighting over control, then they're doing it wrong.  It's possible for the initial personality to fade away into obscurity, yes, but it's at least as unlikely as the tulpa dissolving.  I don't think either personality is really more human than the other, it's simpler to call the body the human; every consciousness within the brain is restricted to the same available materials.  They're just roommates, tragic cases are very rare, but I'm sure there are categories of people who would work themselves into a situation like that more than others if this practice were more popular.  The same people who shouldn't raise children or pets.

Have any of you heard of cases where a "Tulpa" managed to create isolated parts of the mind, like memories or emotions that are otherwise inaccessible to the original personality?

E.g, can a "Tulpa" in theory create memroies of its own that the original personality can't be aware of unless the "Tulpa" tells them?

Yes, a tulpa can.  Just as tulpa themselves are not books hosts can simply read at any time, the tulpa's emotions, appearance, and even words are often out of reach of the host, kinda like the constant automatic processing our brains take care of all the time. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/01/150120185950.htm

All of the external world experiences a tulpa can receive are filtered through the host, yes, but they don't need help thinking.  It's also possible to experience everything you're already familiar with or can imagine with only your brain, but it's still probably a good idea for everyone to be greatly exposed to the physical world.

what the fuck is wrong with some of you people in this thread....? anyway, strigoi, do you happen to have an oculus rift? half the videos i see depicting the rift, show off the weird anime shit thats on it, and without you, id never know it was miku thats in many of those videos i see of the rift

@Tenka, Doing things wrong aside, were there any cases where a "Tulpa" managed to hijack the body, do things that the original person wasn't aware of and later give back control without the original person ever being aware of what happend?

Is something like this possible in theory?

Back