Release Midori 0.4.3

With gmail and facebook open, it still eventually runs out of memory and crashes, often quickly. The really old midori that used to be included with the firmware didn't use nearly so much ram. :(

To be fair, it also didn't have half the features of the new one, but at this point I honestly can't see any difference in memory usage and responsiveness between midori and firefox10 negating the reason I liked midori so much. Firefox 4, yeah, midori blew it out of the water, but I started using FF10 a couple weeks back and don't see much reason to switch back.

Stability decreased a ton with super zaxxon beta3.

I have replicated exactly the configuration I had in hotfix6, same card, same swap file, same swappiness level ...

And the result is that midori now crashes every minute, it has become almost unusable. Can somebody confirm if this is a problem of the new firmware or my fault?

Any suggestion on how to trubleshoot this?

Hrmm... I wonder what Midori doesn't like.

It's crashy as hell on one of my PC desktops as well... :/

And this is running the latest versions of everything.

Running from console it always end with

./run: line 23: 5780 Segmentation fault bin/midori

The 5780 value may vary.

I also tried on my PC a time ago, I think it was still the 0.3x branch and was as stable as firefox.

I have kind put Midori on ice as far as maintaining it on the pandora goes. It feels like I have to overrride half the firmware to get it running at all. Therefor, I am waiting for .next, for Midori seems to be maintained better by bitbake there.

It still runs fine on the old Firmware and Hotfix 6. But since the Fullscreen mode kills the top bar, I mainly use Firefox for browsing. There, the navigation bar appears with mouse over at the top of the screen, I really could need this for Midori since I always have to leave fullscreen for navigation through tabs or opening a new website, typing URLs etc... ^^"

Fusion_Power: Use Ctrl-PageUp and Ctrl-PageDn to switch tabs when in fullscreen mode. On a Pandora keyboard, you could use the right shoulder button and X (down) or Y (up). Seems quite comfortable as well, you can do it with one hand easily I guess. I have Midori 0.4.0 on my computer (I don't have a Pandora), so I guess this isn't the kind of thing that would be dropped with updates. :)

Ok, if you believe that's the best thing to do I'm not going to argue.

Your effort is very appreciated.

Back