Release Midori 0.3.6

slaeshjag

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Not much has changed since 0.3.3 (see twotoasts.de for changelog), but there's something worth updating for.

A new webkit. Webkitgtk-1.4 to be precise. It should ensure better rendering, a *lot* faster javascript engine, and general stability improovements.

22/5-11 - Flash works now! To use it, place the flash player into appdata/midori/plugins, rename the plugin to adobeflashplayer.so

midori-0.3.6.png

Thanks to BlueMaxima for helping me with the boring process of testing and debugging.

Known problems: It doesn't use the systems GTK theme.

»»» Download «««
Also on the repo.

Yo, works great, now the javascript functions wor much better in Websites, for example the minimizing of forum sections here in this forum. :)

But the new Midori seems to have big problems with the speed dial site, you can't add anyting and actualy you only see a white page. I was able to copy the speed-dial-file from 0.3.3 Midori so I have at least my old speed-dial sites in. But the Windows are miss-aligned (have to scroll down) and you still can't add anyting new there. Besides this, the preview pics of the speed dial are to big and out of place (this already was in 0.3.3.) The old built in Midori has correct placed and sized Images in the selecting windows but I have no clue how I can get it in the new Midori like this.

But overall, I like the updated Midori. It hasn't crashed yet and sites load fast enough for nice browsing, good work. ^^

I've no idea of what's causing the speed dial issues. Will look into it when I get my pandora back.

Also: adobe flash player now works! See first post for instructions

slaeshjag said:
I've no idea of what's causing the speed dial issues. Will look into it when I get my pandora back.

Also: adobe flash player now works! See first post for instructions

hi

where can we get the flash plugin?

Last edited by a moderator:
slaeshjag said:
I dunno, I only know it's embedded in the Firefox 4 beta PND.

ah right cheers got it.

Alerino said:
open firefox
check /mnt/utmp/firefox/lib/firefox-4.0b10/plugins/
Um, doesn't mnt/utmp just map to pandora/appdata, so wouldn't that be in appdata whether Firefox is opened or not?

EDIT: Hmm, no, apparently not. Ok. Looks like it only partially redirects to pandora/appdata, not entirely

OK, it works, after some messing around I found the plugin in Firefox. ^^""
Flash works -more or less. It somehow stops caching the video stream after some seconds, I have to pause the video and then it continues caching, it only caches OR plays but not both it seems - same like in firefox beta. And somehow Fullscreen Video doesn't work, I only see a grey surface, can this be fixed?

I got it working as well. I found the same thing as fusion_power with regards to caches.

Also, Youtube runs very choppily (Minitube is certainly a better choice for now), but some other Flash-based video sites run much better, fullspeed even. But I do get the problem where they only seem to play a little bit at a time, even if I give them lots of time to load the video.

There's also a little red rectangle at the top-left of a video.

--

On another note, in the future, would it be possible to update the Repo on top of the prior version, so that I can get notified about the update in PNDstore? Currently there's a Midori 0.3.3 and a Midori 0.3.6 in the Repo as separate entries. This really isn't necessary, because the Repo keeps old versions archived anyway, so anyone who wants to can access them.

--

But more generally, thanks a lot for this. It seems to work very nicely. I'll be watching to see if it has any crashes, and will post the .out file if it does.

Does anyone know if there's a shortcut key I can press for "back" and "forward"?

I think I just found that copy of the latest flash beta on an SD. If it is more recent I'll try it and report back.

EDIT: I haven't had a chance to test it yet. I did attach and send a copy to myself at my email address "Titan@linuxmail.com" which I log onto at the www.mail.com site. I'm concerned that using the *exact* username that I have on here as my email log in password may not have been a very secure. I guess any naughty person who would like to try this plug in would easily be able to log in and download the attachment. Thankfully I know you are all very trustworthy people here... :D

EDIT: I meant to say my email address is @linuxmail.org NOT @linuxmail.com. Also, there is some confusion over the date, this may or may not be the latest version I have... might be worth trying though and speed testing if it works.

Well, I tried that version, TitanUranus (renamed it to "adobeflashplayer.so"), and it didn't work in Midori at all. So it seems likely that it's not the one from April 25, but the one from last year like the timestamp says.

But concerning the one that's included with Firefox, which DOES work in Midori:

Perhaps my favourite thing about it is that Newgrounds now works fairly well. I tested out the YuYu, right-clicking and setting quality to "low", and although there are lots of skipped frames there are also times when it runs 30fps like the original animation is supposed to. It becomes slow when there are any sorts of special effects, or (in other Flash animations I've tested) when there are bitmap images rather than vectors.

A few things I would like for the future:

-a working speed-dial (mine just shows a blank screen)
-a Fullscreen that's actually FULLSCREEN. I'd like it to be like Opera's if possible; no address bar or icons at the top, no scrollwheels along the side or bottom. Since we have "backspace" for the back button, and can scroll around with the d-pad, I see no reason to keep those things in fullscreen mode.

I hope to have a Flash plugin some day where I can play some cool tower defense games onto my Pandora. Most of them are even eating all Processor Powe of my PC. ^^"

Until the speed dial issue is fixed you can copy the speed dial files from Midori 0.3.3 over, thats what I've done. Still out of place in every aspect but at least working. :)

Damn idiot's who put false labels on items uploaded to rapidshare. Thanks for trying it ESN. It's possible I have a *real* 10.2 ARM version still on that other HDD (the one we're talking about here was one I found on an SD I'd used for testing stuff when I first got the Pandora, so it might not be from the same place as the one I got from rapidshare a few weeks back). I'm not going to be able to access that HDD for a few weeks though, so hopefully someone else can find a copy and make a similarly stupid "mistake" to myself ;)

Good work on Midori though - I like it a lot. Since the flash plugin works, I can now obsessively gamble my meagre disability benefits online, forcing me to live on cat meat and discarded supermarket vegetables. What a future.

It crashed while scrolling down mimiandeunice.com

Here is the .out file:
Code:
=======================================================================================
PND_SCRIPT      : pnd_run.sh
PND_ARGS        : -p /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu//midori-0.3.6-flashfix.pnd -e ./run -b midori
PND             : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/menu//midori-0.3.6-flashfix.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/midori
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : ./run
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[17h59m26   START ]=== Mount the PND ==================================================
[17h59m26    INFO ]   Mounting : mount -t squashfs "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/pnd/midori"
[17h59m26    INFO ]   Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/midori=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/midori=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/midori"
[17h59m26 SUCCESS ]=== Mount the PND ==================================================
[17h59m27   START ]=== Starting the application (./run ) ==============================
[17h59m29    INFO ]   
[17h59m29   ERROR ]   ** (midori:4470): WARNING **: Error: JSON.parse requires at least one parameter
[17h59m29    INFO ]   
[17h59m29   ERROR ]   (midori:4470): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_key_file_load_from_data: assertion `data != NULL' failed
[17h59m29    INFO ]   
[17h59m30    INFO ]   ** (midori:4470): WARNING **: No root certificate file is available. SSL certificates cannot be verified.
[18h10m23   ERROR ]   The program 'midori' received an X Window System error.
[18h10m24    INFO ]   This probably reflects a bug in the program.
[18h10m24   ERROR ]   The error was 'BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)'.
[18h10m24   ERROR ]   (Details: serial 249018 error_code 2 request_code 53 minor_code 0)
[18h10m24   ERROR ]   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
[18h10m24   ERROR ]   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
[18h10m24    INFO ]   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
[18h10m25    INFO ]   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
[18h10m25   ERROR ]   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
[18h10m25  FAILED ]=== Starting the application (./run ) ==============================
[18h10m25   START ]=== uMount the PND =================================================
[18h10m25    INFO ]   cleanup done
[18h10m25 SUCCESS ]=== uMount the PND =================================================
Return code is : 17

Back