Microsoft XBOX ONE

Now if "N" announces a tablet controller free WiiU, we'll have a real battle this E3 :lol:
Pretty large night-and-day comparison between the tablet controller and Kinect. One's a controller with a touch screen and the other's...well...yeah. You get the point.

What Nintendo needs to do is come through on that M&A biz Iwata mentioned at that investor meeting earlier this year. Maybe acquire Capcom and take over Japan, perhaps?

Now if "N" announces a tablet controller free WiiU, we'll have a real battle this E3 :lol:
Pretty large night-and-day comparison between the tablet controller and Kinect. One's a controller with a touch screen and the other's...well...yeah. You get the point.

What Nintendo needs to do is come through on that M&A biz Iwata mentioned at that investor meeting earlier this year. Maybe acquire Capcom and take over Japan, perhaps?
I personally would use the tablet for off screen play, but to the mass majority, the tablet controller is a useless add on that increases the WiiU's overall cost. Everyone I actually know who has a ONE swears by the Kinect and loves the voice command functions and overall uses it provides. I personally have no interest in talking to my console, or waving my hands in front of it, so if I ever did get a ONE, it would for sure be the Kinect free ONE :D

Even though I would personally use the WiiU's tablet, I think both items are pretty useless to a large section of the market. That's why MS has a SKU now that is Kinect free. "N" has a 3Dless handheld(2DS), so why not offer a pro controller WiiU instead of the tablet controller? It's all about choices and cutting cost and selling units. MS sees the need, sadly I doubt "N" ever will.

Last edited by a moderator:

I personally would use the tablet for off screen play, but to the mass majority, the tablet controller is a useless add on that increases the WiiU's overall cost. Everyone I actually know who has a ONE swears by the Kinect and loves the voice command functions and overall uses it provides. I personally have no interest in talking to my console, or waving my hands in front of it, so if I ever did get a ONE, it would for sure be the Kinect free ONE :D

That's pretty much the main use for the gamepad. That and, should the developers utilize it as such, it helps clear up some HUD clutter on the screen. The best example I can think of right now is MH3U.

"N" has a 3Dless handheld(2DS), so why not offer a pro controller WiiU instead of the tablet controller?
Because the 3DS won Nintendo the handheld market, so they could actually afford to cut a main feature of the system to give a cheaper system that doesn't sacrifice quality (say what you will about its piece-of-bread design). What you're asking is for Nintendo to cut the main feature off of a console that's nearly 1.5 years old and isn't even close to having a firm foothold in its market for the sake of making that foothold, even though it's integral to the system (not like Kinect, which, apart from having a camera, is redundant).

M$ can't really afford to deepen the $6bn hole the Xbox division dug ever since its inception. Nintendo can just ride out their experiment 'til the time's right (just as they did with the 3DS before making the 2DS). They're desperate for some profits. Nintendo, on the other hand, is not. I believe Nintendo was in the red for only a brief stint due to the Wii U, and that's the only time in company history they were in the red. Making such a big leap in console lineage does that sometimes.

Looks like throwing buckets of cash for exclusivity is going to be part of the strategy -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872876

"Rise of the Tomb Raider" to be XB1 exclusive - whether timed or permanently they aren't being entirely clear.
This has always been their strategy. Since the first Xbox, they have bought their way in to the gaming market. The first big buy, was RARE, which was "N" golden boys, but since MS bought them, they've released nothing but crap. "N" had already used them up, and MS came in when they where going down hill. Ever since then, they have been buying exclusives.

Titanfall was their first ONE game where exclusivity was bought. There is no official statements on this, but it's common knowledge that MS had no killer one games to be had for launch or anytime soon, and TF was the early enough and an unproven new IP where they where able to buy the exclusives on it. This game should have been multiplat, but wasn't.

I personally loved the TR reboot, and liked it way more than Uncharted actually. But as much as I like the new series, there is no way I'm buying a ONE to play it. I hope CD/SE got tons of money to make this exclusive, as they will be loosing TONS of money releasing it on the ONE/360 alone. Then you have CD/SE release a press statement just filled with flatout lies on how this was the best choice for the new game. What corporate Bull Shit! Just say MS drove up with a shit load of money, and we took it. I can respect that, but they need to say it.

All they have done is piss off tons of fans, so they could line their pockets. That's fine I guess, but once MS has left and stopped paying for games(at least theirs), they will still need to make money the best ways they can, and when the user base of PS4 is at 50 million, and ONE is at 20 million, they will have a hard time correcting their current wrongs. You reap what you sow, and they may not see that now, but it will happen at some point, and I hope I'm there to see it when it happens.

Chris

I'm shocked they actually sold 5 million units after they shat on their audience in every possible way with their initial plans. All forgiven?

You reap what you sow, and they may not see that now, but it will happen at some point, and I hope I'm there to see it when it happens.
Burn+baby+burn_4eb686_4055549.png

I'm shocked they actually sold 5 million units after they shat on their audience in every possible way with their initial plans. All forgiven?
People are fickle, oh and stupid.
:D Your so right!

I've got one friend who got the ONE, and proceeds to tell me every time I see him how much he enjoys Peggle 2. I'm like WTF!? You spent 500+ dollars to play Peggle? Yeah, that was a solid purchase. 

I have no plans to by either PS4/ONE anytime soon, as the WiiU will be my first next gen purchase. Then the PS4 will probably be next a few years from now once the "slim" cheaper unit arrives. The ONE isn't on my radar at all, as I personally don't like where MS took the 360 with Kinect, and the ONE seems to be more of the same.

The whole E3 fiasco left a real bad taste in my mouth, as much as I think the Kinect is utter shat, I did applaud them including it with every system sold. Now, they have removed it, and left it dangling in the wind. These guys have shown time and time again, they have no clear idea on what they want to do with ONE, or if they did, they have no balls to stick to it. Either way, all they know how to do is PAY to fix problems, which is fine when you have the funds to do so, but that's not fixing the underline problem. PS4 is about double in overall sales, and they should be trying to figure out why, instead of just trying to grab a few good games that probably won't help their long term situation.

Chris

Ps4 has the momentum now and the good word. They got off to a rolling start it seems. I'm due a ps4 sometime soon...hmm maybe quite soon...

its sad how PS4 is winning by not doing anything innovative. currently, theyre not the ones winning, xbox is the one losing

its sad how PS4 is winning by not doing anything innovative. currently, theyre not the ones winning, xbox is the one losing
Agreed^

Sony played the "lesser of two evils" card, and it's paying off. They also have done a good job of sticking to "Games", which is pretty big to most gamers. I agree, they haven't really delivered much in the way of actual games, but they have a great service in their Plus service, as it's obvious Sony did their best to deliver a "gaming" machine VS. all in one media device. The Kinect for 100 extra killed the ONE for me before release, and now that they offer it without, just shows me even more how little they have thought about the ONE and it's future.

Chris

Looks like throwing buckets of cash for exclusivity is going to be part of the strategy -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=872876

"Rise of the Tomb Raider" to be XB1 exclusive - whether timed or permanently they aren't being entirely clear.
Is there even one person that still believe these "exclusive" bullshit... there's no way this won't come to PC, it will just take a little while longer, that's all...

Extra sad when you consider that Microsoft *tried* to do something innovative and got a lot of backlash for it, forcing them to remove all innovation as standard and release just a boring old console that maybe gets an add on feature that some games might take advantage of. Nintendo tries innovation and they get similar complaints about useless peripherals and gimmicks.Face it, the general market doesn't want innovation, they want the same stuff rehashed over and over. Familiar is friendly, familiar is safe. Don't like it? Tough, we're in the minority.

Extra sad when you consider that Microsoft *tried* to do something innovative and got a lot of backlash for it, forcing them to remove all innovation as standard and release just a boring old console that maybe gets an add on feature that some games might take advantage of. Nintendo tries innovation and they get similar complaints about useless peripherals and gimmicks.
Face it, the general market doesn't want innovation, they want the same stuff rehashed over and over. Familiar is friendly, familiar is safe. Don't like it? Tough, we're in the minority.
I really didn't see MS innovating anything personally. I just saw them trying to take away owner ship of games from players, and trying to control more on their end, so gamers could have less on our end. Besides the DS, I really couldn't care for any so called innovation of the last 10 years. Dual analog, rumble, and the touchscreen is about the end of what this stuff can add to games. We've been seeing so called innovations for 30+ years, and really what has stuck around and withstood the test of time?  

3D, Motion Controls, Voice Commands, are all gimmicks that don't do much for the base gameplay of current titles. I would rather see innovative games than accessories and system add-ons any day of the week. What "N" did with the WiiU was nothing innovative. Since tablets have been around, companies have been trying to add controllers to fix control issues. "N" has done ZERO with the tablet controller to show any innovation whatsoever. WOW, adding maps and touch controls really merit the 150 dollars for the tablet.

MS has also shown next to nothing for ONE. If anyone of these companies had a life changing idea, consumers would support it, but their dead end concepts have shown there true colors. I just don't see where any innovation has come from either.

I'm no fan of Sony either in this regard, but at least they seem to have stuck with the "games" first mentality, and I agree with that 100%. I really wish "N" would get back to that idea, as I'm tired of all this so called innovation of 3D, motions controls, ETC. Whatever happened to innovative gameplay? That is the most important thing right? 

Chris

I like innovations like motion controls, sensor bars, second screens, etc...  for a few games, but I don't like them replacing the standards completely only to sell "classic controllers" later on that everyone will need and buy and that are not compatible with everything including the menu.

Back