Micro USB plz?

I did have one of those digital calipers for a while, and it worked well until I discovered how quickly it ate through the included button cell even when off (which I guess is why they included a spare in the package).  For my purposes, manual ones with infinite battery life which are only slightly harder to read are better :)
I've got $15 digital calipers which work quite well and the battery lasts pretty long (haven't yet emptied one). I would still prefer quality analog calipers, but for that price...

True, if you just mount it on the PCB normally.
So what you are saying is that the whole device should be designed around one connector, that you deem more reliable, but actually have nothing to prove that fact except personal experience ?
No, I was implying that we did not have to mount it on the PCB normally.

-God Ginrai
 If you're going to go there,  couldn't an alternative mounting solution also solve any structural integrity issues with the micro-USB?    If you are going to go to the trouble of mounting a connector separately from the mainboard anyway then you may as well use the connector which gives you access to the most features.

- Neelix

EDIT:  Note that I don't actually think this to be a workable idea, but if the only way to use a particular part also eliminates any benefit of using that particular part it does make it seem kind of a wasted effort.
 You've got a point there. Although, that was only one of my solutions. The other was mounting it sideways. (which I had mentioned earlier in the thread)

Just to settle this argument, I've just measured my Pandora to 0.02mm resolution. The outside of the base is 17.56mm thick (coincidentally). The plastic is at most 1.21mm thick, so the space inside is 15.14mm or perhaps a little more. Either way, a little short of that digikey part's height, however it's wired to the board.
 Yours is obviously the more accurate measurement. I guess my Pandora expanded back when it held a swelling battery.

I did have one of those digital calipers for a while, and it worked well until I discovered how quickly it ate through the included button cell even when off (which I guess is why they included a spare in the package).  For my purposes, manual ones with infinite battery life which are only slightly harder to read are better :)
Sounds like a Dreamcast VMU. :p

-God Ginrai

Back