Mgs4 I Just Completed It !

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Mass Effect, BioShock, Halo 3, Dead Rising. In terms of games, 360 has a greater percentage of higher quality titles.

But I own both, and although I own more 360 games than I do PS3 (like cabbages), there are still great titles coming up for the PS3.
Back to MGS4!

Bioshock is amazing! I have it on PC rather than 360, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my new game informer magazine with a great, funny list, so im posting it here.

Top 10 ways to ensure nothing interrups your MGS4 sessions:

10. Put a sign on the door that states: "Alone time, if you know what I mean. Keep out"

9. Wear camoflage in the exact pattern of your sofa. This material can be taken from back of said sofa.

8. Set up C4 or Claymore mines to deter intruders.

7. Threaten to dress up as Naked Snake if disturbed.

6. Keep a stack of tree frogs, rations, and cobras handy for sustenance.

5. Put an exclamation point above your head....somehow. That'll show 'em.

4. Dress your little brother up as Raiden and have him replace you as your life's protagonist.

3. Move your PS3, TV and surround sound system into a cardboard box. No one will ever look there!

2. Discard or destroy all nearby copies of GTA4 in order to avoid distraction.

1. Repeatedly yell "Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!" if anyone tries to move you.

razzy said:
CUPC4KES said:
i want this game so bad, nothing else on the ps3 i want though. <_<
I too was struggling to find anything else I wanted for PS3 (have a 360 as well with call of duty 4, GTA4, and all the other top releases) but I bought Uncharted Drakes Fortune which is pretty good (if you like tomb raider style games)

Well... If you like online shooter types, get warhawk. If you like platformers, get ratchet, and if you like games (or films, or laughing, or music, or anything worth liking) get Heavenly Sword.
I haven't got round to buying MGS4 yet, but I will soon because it sounds amazing. I recently finished MGS3, which was awesome (despite the boss "The End" - this was the most boring two hours of a game I've ever played).

I would get a 360, but there isn't a single game with a metacritic score above 80 that I want.

Just finished in under 30 hours :). Brilliant game, definitely worthy of Game of the Year. The score/story/graphics were all phenomenal. I'm fairly depressed that it's all over, though :(. Gonna have to encode MGS for psp and play though the series again. Anyone know if I'll have to play through the Metal Gear games in order to fully understand the story?

Just finished in under 30 hours :). Brilliant game, definitely worthy of Game of the Year. The score/story/graphics were all phenomenal. I'm fairly depressed that it's all over, though :(. Gonna have to encode MGS for psp and play though the series again. Anyone know if I'll have to play through the Metal Gear games in order to fully understand the story?
Remember you need to put both discs on together in one file - there's no saves for changedisc in mgs.

Anyone know if I'll have to play through the Metal Gear games in order to fully understand the story?
Don't know, the plots are all incomprehensible which ever order they're played in (at least for me). :huh:

Did they ever fix that annoying camera that plagues previous MGS games? It seems that the camera would always drift off to look at stuff that you didn't want it to at all of the wrong times. I wish they would have included a FPS mode so you can see what is ahead etc. Is this one better? I haven't been following it.

Goity said:
I recently finished MGS3, which was awesome (despite the boss "The End" - this was the most boring two hours of a game I've ever played).

I loved the Boss fight against The End - I played it three times, three different ways... The quickest lasted only a few minutes (don the thermal goggles and follow him around [you can see his footy prints!] with your knife - he's dead in no time), but my favourite way of fighting him was the long, drawn-out sniper vs. sniper battle; very, very intense, and two of the best hours I ever spent gaming, imho... :p

DaveC said:
Did they ever fix that annoying camera that plagues previous MGS games? It seems that the camera would always drift off to look at stuff that you didn't want it to at all of the wrong times. I wish they would have included a FPS mode so you can see what is ahead etc. Is this one better? I haven't been following it.

There is an FPS mode iirc and Hideo Kojima himself actually stated that it could theoretically be possible to play the entire game in said mode. Don't take my word for it though, I don't own the game, but I think I'm right.

Yeah, there's an FPS mode and a fully movable camera this time. It's too hard to play it all in FPS mode afaik, but the camera has been fixed.

Back