Merry christmas and a happy new year (2012-12-25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the chain of events about my refund from CraigX,

in Aug 2012 on a form there was a link saying buy now it ships today for a 1ghz open pandora so I was like okay! had my wife pay the full amount, two months went by and nothing, a month later there a huge form about CraigX not delivering etc, this whole time my wife emailed them with no responses aside from the initial emails saying yes if you buy now your product will ship in a week.... (bold face lie) so i talked to a few people on the form and complained some and was givin a link to cross upgrade for more money ???? though dragonbox? hell no am I going to pay again for a product that i did not recieve... making the original 600 USD pandora cost 1000 USD! so we filed a claim though pay pal and recieved a full refund within 45 days :) i am now a happy camper, its unforutnate that it had to go this route but when the company/person i am buying a product from refuses to reply to questions about a product, i payed for in full, then i am left with little to no choice.

While the above seems accurate and certainly an example of abysmal customer service, it is still important to remember the difference between the different Pandora shops:

Craig's shop: English, now defunct, numerous missed deadlines, false promises, unpaid refunds etc

ED's shop: German, reliable, honest, trying to ship units to craig's outstanding orders

Link's shop: US-based, wonderful customer service, not old enough to have had a preorder queue

Linux-swat's shop window: a tiny physical pandora shop in Paris - never heard any complaints, only useful for people in northern france

New orders should ship quickly from either of Link or ED

Upgrades with ED should also quickly

Preorders from both ED and Craig are being shipped slowly, as they are funded by new sales

jus1982b has summed up the kind of customer service to expect from Craig

last year around this time i did order and shortly after recieved a 2nd batch 1gen pandora witch i still love.... however with my most resent experence with CraigX and reading through most of the forms i have little to no faith in the Pandora team, im in the military and i can tell you your only as stong as your weakest link.

Last edited by a moderator:
 last year around this time i did order and shortly after recieved a 2nd batch 1gen pandora witch i still love.... however with my most resent experence with CraigX and reading through most of the forms i have little to no faith in the Pandora team, im in the military and i can tell you your only as stong as your weakest link.
that's generally true, but in this case, it's not one team, but different company altogether... craigix failure does not pose the slightest risk to ED's shop.... except in bad overall reputation for the pandora unfortunately...

"You're only as strong as your weakest Craig" doesn't sound quite right.

Anyway, Craig has a hat. This guy, this guy and this guy also have hats, from which we can conclude that, given time, Craig will revert to the natural awesomeness common to all hat-wearers

Woo hop that's some excellent news guys. What number were you Naynay?
I checked my 1Ghz queue number and it was 131.

So that's great news, as the original 1Ghz 150 orders would *appear* to be getting cleared very soon.

The email said that my pandora was getting shipped from Germany, so it makes sense that ED is handling all the orders and shipping for Craig's queue. Saves him mailing units to the UK, wasting time & money.

I can only imagine that money from Craig is (presumably) trickling in to ED for this to occur

Another update from ED on the situation would clarify all of this of course...

Binky, appreciate that you gave a great breakdown of the players,  Craig's shop, ED's shop, Link's shop, Linux-swat's shop

Ordered 2 Pandoras, TV cable, donated dev $$, 3 years ago from this website, openpandora.org, and communicate a couple of times a year with Jacquelyn - never received Pandoras.  5 Weeks ago Jacquelyn agreed to allow me to take a loss and convert the 2 classic Pandora order to 1 single newer 1GHz order - still not received.  Is there any way for me to know which of the 4 reps listed above I'm actually dealing with?  Am I actually in Craig-hell and negotiating for vapor?

Thanks.

Binky, appreciate that you gave a great breakdown of the players,  Craig's shop, ED's shop, Link's shop, Linux-swat's shop

Ordered 2 Pandoras, TV cable, donated dev $$, 3 years ago from this website, openpandora.org, and communicate a couple of times a year with Jacquelyn - never received Pandoras.  5 Weeks ago Jacquelyn agreed to allow me to take a loss and convert the 2 classic Pandora order to 1 single newer 1GHz order - still not received.  Is there any way for me to know which of the 4 reps listed above I'm actually dealing with?  Am I actually in Craig-hell and negotiating for vapor?

Thanks.
yes and no, 1GHz preorder queue seems much smaller and it currently seems they are sent in priority... or at least all the latest "i got my pandora" from craig shop were concerning 1GHz one...

Thanks.

Sounds like Craig's shop, sure enough :(

The problem appears to be that Craig took payments for pandoras but can't afford* to buy them from EvilDragon. ED is sending free units (funded out of dragonbox profits) direct to Craig's customers as and when he can afford to do so.

*The reason for this is long, complicated and liable to spark flamewars.

Is there any way for me to know which of the 4 reps listed above I'm actually dealing with? Am I actually in Craig-hell and negotiating for vapor?
You are dealing with Craig. He is the one who will send your shipping info to Ed for delivery. Based on what you have written, you should be in the 1ghz queue. Do you have a 1ghz queue number?

ED, if you've got a minute, what's up with the latest changes to the Dragonbox?

I noticed there seems to be more stock for the main console, but the rebirth edition is no longer listed as an item.

Are you doing some reorganisation, or is there some news worthy developments going on?

The "crossupgrade option from Craig" has disapeared in dragonbox shop. ¿Does anybody know why?. I was planning to do this, in fact, I asked few weeks ago here to ED.

I think it is still valid though.
Just get yourself a voucher from craigs shop and order with it at dragonbox.

Thanks.
yes and no, 1GHz preorder queue seems much smaller and it currently seems they are sent in priority... or at least all the latest "i got my pandora" from craig shop were concerning 1GHz one...
A small elaboration regarding the different queues (partly copypasted from an old post):

The latest Craig's original pre-order shipment that I can find a record of is from the 8th of June 2012, with 01/10/2008 at 21:11 as the original order date and time. The next known order is from 21:54, and apparently he (FuzzySocks) is still waiting. He's last been active on 20th of January, and he has also stated that he will certainly post when he gets his shipping mail and/or delivery.

So, as far as the forum digging is to be believed, FuzzySocks will be next in line of the original pre-orders, his order being made 43 minutes after the last shipped original pre-order.

Also, I'm guessing that after the 1GHz orders will come "premium" orders/upgraders, a.k.a. people who paid extra to get bumped up in the front of the queue (but still 600MHz). Though not sure how many of those there are, probably not that many.

And after THAT should be the old-timers' turn, again.

and we heard number like 600 remaining preorder last time if I recall correctly... it won't be fully solved until at least next year...

Way back when I ordered in 2009, I tried to do so with ED. He took a few days to reply, and I ordered with Craig in the meantime. 

I think I could have been luckier.

Excellent post aatu. Thanks.

I wonder how many people are still on the 600 premium list, if any. Anyone reading this on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back