Mednafen

Looking at the start up scripts The SDL OMAP framebuffer size is being forced to the normal aspect ratio of the system.

example the in the NES script:

export SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE=512x448

Even after I changed that to 800x480, the NES and PCE systems still insist on using the original aspect ratio.

Looking at the start up scripts The SDL OMAP framebuffer size is being forced to the normal aspect ratio of the system.

example the in the NES script:

export SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE=512x448

GOT IT !!

I just seen GG Shinobi fully stretched :wacko: It's too much for me !! :D

------------

HOW TO:

------------

1) Start some mednafen emu and leave open the browse window

2) open thunar and go to /mnt/utmp/mednafen/

3) copy all the file "mednafen-*.sh" to your "<SDname>/pandora/appdata/mednafen/" directory

4) close the emulator that was open

5) edit the content of every one of the copied files like this "export SDL_OMAP_LAYER_SIZE=800x480"

6) enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
^ ah beat me too it.. :ph34r:

Now I need to cry in a shower, since I supported people stretching games.

^ ah beat me too it.. :ph34r:

Now I need to cry in a shower now that I supported people stretching games.
well you did a good job, no need to cry though as you can still play with whatever resolution you please

1. ?? your using a Pandora right? it's running Linux. But what he means is just launch a mednafen and keep it running while doing the other steps.

2, Thunar is the name of the default file explorer.

3. There is a .sh script for each system you want to use it says nes or gba in the filename.. copy the ones you need.

1. ?? your using a Pandora right? it's running Linux. But what he means is just launch a mednafen and keep it running while doing the other steps.

2, Thunar is the name of the default file explorer.

3. There is a .sh script for each system you want to use it says nes or gba in the filename.. copy the ones you need.

under 1) I just wanted to know if minimenu or desktop, sorry if i confused you ;)

Yes, desktop :)

Thunar is the icon next to the pandora start menu

And to edit the .sh files you need to right click and choose to open them with mousepad

Yes, desktop :)

Thunar is the icon next to the pandora start menu

And to edit the .sh files you need to right click and choose to open them with mousepad

Thanks, had a hard time using the nubs as mouse. Anyway, GG & NGP work for me (Mednafen seems to be the best emulator for those two),

for some reason Mednafen Lynx won't load any roms, always goes back to choose rom menu.

Thanks again for your help, guys

I never been able to run Lynx too, seems like incompatiple with all my roms... for those games I use Handy instead

Yoshi's guide says that F5 saves the game while F7 loads the game. How do you change the save slot though?

0-9 is what it's default for the emulator.. not sure if it was changed for the Pandora release.. I don't actually use this emulator for anything. I'm just a sarcastic white knight on this forum so I feel the need to help when I can.

http://mednafen.sour...Key Assignments

Back