Mednafen Doable?

Smiths

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I have only seen mednafen posted on these boards in a gnuboy thread back in December 2005 and a random other post. However, I am truly wondering the feasability of this multiple machine emulator running on a Gp2X?

I know PCE compatibility is really high, and it's a system the GP2X lacks a good emulation of.
I lack all forms of time re: Programming and have only opened up the source to take a peek at its massiveness.

Still, curiousity just rose after seeing that XPort threw the emulator together for the XBox today.

We should get him a GP2X and say: "Please?"

Looking at the site, I think the problem would be the fact that it uses OpenGL which is something we don't have.

Smiths posted on Mar 21 2006 at 12:49 PM said:
We should get him a GP2X and say: "Please?"
It's not a bad idea, but porting emulators to the xbox is usually a lot easier than to a handheld just because of the massive amounts of processing power you have to play with.

There's no guarantee that he'd be able to release anything great for the gp2x, but he certainly does know his way around an emulator.

(btw, is xport really a "he"? I always assumed it was a group.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I began to port medafen back when I first got my gp2x, but dropped it because of life. Medafen doesn't have to use OpenGL and about 30% of it will compile on the original Development Enviroment (unexcelerated SDL, etc). Ill Problably start working on it again when life slows down again. :)

But isn't Mednafen horribly slow and cpu consuming? It says in the faq that it will need fpu support and about 450 mhz to emulate NES !!! That's the worst thing I have ever heard for a nes emulator!

Back