mednafen rookie

S

scoobydoo

I have the emulator mednafen.pnd with some rom packs. The files were downloaded as .rar files and I extracted them successfully and the ones I have, thus far, play spot on[over 1,000]. They were not zipped. For example .rar>.gg. or .rar>.sms. What I do notice is that the labeled rom folders I have in my appdata,by default, have the same file name as the actual game files have. This works fine by me. However ,I notice with snes, the rom folder is by default labeled 'snes roms' and the actual game files are .smc. Must these .smc files be zipped so the rom is labeled .smc.zip ?? Why are these labeled diffrerently? Should I just rename the rom folder to smc roms?

Are they PAL only ?

I am not aware of other mednafen files occurring this way for I am new to this emulator and just started .

Thus far , I think this is a fantastic multi platforming emulator.

Any suggestions would be welcomed graciously.

Cheers,

Scooby.

Well I suppose I did what I should have done originally and that was to zip these files myself. I did do this but to no avail .

My only conclusion is that mednafen will not play snes games or megadrive [pal] games on the Pandora.

Funny to me because the snes roms/.smc files had the hp logo besides each file. So i am assuming these files were optimized for a pc??

Obviously,the sega megadrive games will not play. Hence the megadrive signifying pal region. Again,optimized for another system perhaps?

Cheers.

Last edited:
Back