Mednafen-PCE Help

Severian

Still Fresh
Has anyone else had an issue with Mednafen-PCE quitting once they hit the Function key to load a save state?

Was working great for a week but all of a sudden the quitting issue popped up. I tried 0.9.17.r1 and 0.9.17.r3 and get the same issue.

The issue occurred while playing Y's Book 1 & 2. However, it doesn't matter what game I load. Even if I'm at the CD-ROM System screen, pressing the function key is the same as pressing Function-Q (Escape).

The Pandora Input Tester shows no stuck buttons and the pandora has hotfix 5.

Any ideas?

Maybe you accidentally modified Mednafen's control input incorrectly? Remember, Mednafen sees the Fn key as a full-fleged key to be pressed, not just a modifier. Given that Mednafen's controls are adjusted inside the emulator itself, this is possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could try deleting the appdata folder for it, after backing up any savestates etc. Most issues that creep in like that, often are resolved that way as something has simply got messed up somewhere and the newly created files work fine again.

Thank you Blue Protoman & MarioPandio for your suggestions as deleting the Mednafen directory did the trick.

I'm using my Pandora on a train and probably hit the function key twice unknowingly and then hitting the other keys probably screwed up the control input.

You wouldn't have had to delete the whole appdata, just the config file. Mednafen stores everything relating to the emulator itself in one file (a somewhat questionable practice, given the sheer amount of options and supported systems).

Back