Media Reports

SONY said:
I feel like smashing some of those Kotaku members in the face!!! :angry:

http://kotaku.com/5549762/three-years-late-the-silent-ds-competitor-finally-hits-the-market

don´t forget these damn idiots from GT :angry:
PSP does all that and more.
:rolleyes:
http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/will-pandora-be-crowned-king-o/847838?page=1

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, I love GT for all there vid clips, but I don't think I have ever read any text media on that site before, and I go there all the time. Those guys leaving comments where truly mind boggling. I don't think the combined IQ's would even reach double digits, thats being to kind. :p

Based on all the comments, the PSP should have sold in the billions by now, it is truly the second coming! :huh:

I guess I should cancel my Pandora order ASAP, dust off my psp, buy a pandora battery, hack it, run the SNES emu, and then realize I just waisted a ton of time and money to run classic games in an half assed manner. Yeah that makes a lot of sense!

Chris

So its like a PSP but without any PSP games? Exciting...

Finally someone thinking straight. :D

FUUUUUU-
if the handheld is being
"marketed" as an emulator that can play classic games all the way up to
the PS1 era, i seriously doubt it'll even release in the states. just
the copyright infringement alone is gonna prevent the console from ever
seeing the light of day. the only place it'll release is china.

FUUUUUUUUUUUU-

The PSP wasn't built to play ROMs, while it seems that's all the Pandora can do. Huge difference.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Honestly, I think it sucks monkey ballz.
T_T

yeah, I'm not even going to bother trying to "educate" the GT forum. Sometimes the misinformation is just that: misinformation, and you simply correct it and everyone is happy.
Sometimes people are just idiots and nothing you can say will make them realize they're idiots.

I've just read through that GT forum and it left me feeling a little sick.
I can understand the why not just get a PSP retort though. My friend said exactly the same thing when he first heared about the Pandora, and it wasn't until I explained more about it and showed him some videos that he admitted they were completely different devices.
I still wouldn't waste my time trying to educate most of the people on that forum though. There's just no hope for some people :(

If your wondering why I've not added the GT to the OP, it's not because I'm censoring.
I just don't want to go prior to when the pre-production units hit the wild, otherwise it's just wild speculation.

Feel free to continue to post the links and discuss (rant) as much as you want though :lol:

BaDToaD said:
LOL you can see that the GT lot have to combine IQs to reach double figures. Bless 'em. :D

yes i think so too. the webmasters of GT aren´t even able to provide me a forum software which let me post something at all. :ph34r:

ZoxFox said:
SONY said:
I feel like smashing some of those Kotaku members in the face!!! :angry:

http://kotaku.com/55...hits-the-market

don´t forget these damn idiots from GT :angry:
PSP does all that and more.
:rolleyes:
http://forums.gametr...o/847838?page=1

Having read all those comments...I feel like stabbing myself in the eye now.
EDIT: Actually...I think I'm going to throw up.
regurgitate.gif

There's no point in arguing with trolls - all they want is the attention. You could manage to cure all types of cancer and someone would complain that the med i cine* was a terrible colour.

(*got caught by the spam filter)

Hey, the Pandora is a niche product. I bet there will be more people that doesn't care about it, doesn't get it, or just plain hate it, then people actually love it. And I'm happy about that. I relly hope that OP will sell lots of Pandoras but even if they are able to sell 100.000 there will still be millions that just don't get it, and they will be happier with a psp or ds.

It's easier to hate on things you're just too ignorant to understand. They choose to be ignorant, so I choose to ignore them.

It's just elitism isn't it. It's sad that some people (mostly children) are so ensnared by the big corporations that they see something like the pandora as something to be ridiculed. I wonder how much forum fawning over the psp there would have been if Sony were an emerging company releasing their first device. They like their drab oblong because it's nice and safe, and all their friends have one, and Sony says that you should like it.

I'm 31, I've owned a vic 20, spectrum 48k, spectrum 128+2, amiga 500, megadrive, snes, n64, Saturn, ps1, ps2, ps3, gamecube, gb colour, gba, gba micro, xbox 360 and many many pcs, ie: my opinion regarding gaming systems matters, and here is an important fact; I am not, and have never been interested in the psp in any of it's forms, I am however interested in the pandora.

Sugar_Kane said:
It's just elitism isn't it. It's sad that some people (mostly children) are so ensnared by the big corporations that they see something like the pandora as something to be ridiculed. I wonder how much forum fawning over the psp there would have been if Sony were an emerging company releasing their first device. They like their drab oblong because it's nice and safe, and all their friends have one, and Sony says that you should like it.

I'm 31, I've owned a vic 20, spectrum 48k, spectrum 128+2, amiga 500, megadrive, snes, n64, Saturn, ps1, ps2, ps3, gamecube, gb colour, gba, gba micro, xbox 360 and many many pcs, ie: my opinion regarding gaming systems matters, and here is an important fact; I am not, and have never been interested in the psp in any of it's forms, I am however interested in the pandora.
The sad part is that they won't born that way. People and corporations did. Of course I'm pretty good at resisting depression, after all I'm still here.

Not elitism, it's retardism. Half the time at GT when I see comments on PSP games they're only comments about how good it'll be to pirate when it comes out. Then other times it's blind hated to something they havent even tried. It's like some how Gamefaqs spilled over into GT.

Kotaku tends to breed the same retardation but they hide it under an elitist blanket of only letting "certain" people post comments. I mena WTF it's not enough you gotta sign up but you have to AUDITION first to be a commenter? and then the people they let in get to spew all the hate and misinformation that they want?

Both sites can go to hell... actually they already have to be the way they are now.

Posted on the German boards:
http://www.heise.de/open/artikel/Die-Woche-Um-die-Erfahrung-reicher-1039201.html

A new copy of the Dutch "Linux Magazine" will arrive in stores today. It also features a review of the Pandora.

lin0310p01-cover-linux.jpg

http://www.linuxmag.nl/

I'll try to get my hands on the magazine and make a scan of the review. Or, if that's not allowed here, I'll try to post the review in short (the good and the bad points).

Wootson said:
A new copy of the Dutch "Linux Magazine" will arrive in stores today. It also features a review of the Pandora.

lin0310p01-cover-linux.jpg

http://www.linuxmag.nl/

I'll try to get my hands on the magazine and make a scan of the review. Or, if that's not allowed here, I'll try to post the review in short (the good and the bad points).

Oh boy, that looks pretty slick...

On the cover? Cool!

Google translated extract from their site:

Boop-boop it was, but we really did it. Shortly before the deadline we received a copy of the panda inside. This game computer, the last three years completely open source development, but due to setbacks with Chinese manufacturers and the perfectionism of the developers, the release continually delayed. We proudly present the first thorough discussion of this fascinating toy.

Boop-boop!

Back