May69 - New Gp2x Game Soon...

If anyone has pictures hiding of this anywhere..I would be stoked to see it.

Sorry for digging, im just interested.

There's a screenshot of it on the wiki. There's also a download link to the game, however, it is wrong. It links to Manticore, which is a puzzle game by fellow dever Skeezix (of OutcaST fame) and is entirely unrelated. May 69 has not yet been released in any form.

The official dev site also has a short blurp on the progress of the game:

16-07-2006
May69 is at a break since the last the report in February as the coder "Kedo" is busy with university. He is having the last big test this Monday afterwards he will go on vacation. If everything goes straight the game will be finished by September.

The art kind of sucks. Every screen looks like a little red "X" with text next to it saying "user posted image" What kind of graphics are those? ;) j/k

Seriously though all joking aside, your links are broke, good luck though I am sure it will be a great game. Your stuff is good quality.

Draken posted on Aug 1 2006 at 05:48 PM said:
Well yeah, the thread is a few months old. :)

Yeah, why all of the grave digging around here ;)

If the topic is that old and there is no news what is wrong with PMs?

Last edited by a moderator:
You could have PM'd me to tell me not to use it..

Atleast I wasnt digging up some of the threads I was reading last night.

There are a few interesting ones from back in gp32 days I forgot, people went wild. I'm glad to see that some of them got back to reality.

Reminds me, anyone know what happened to Akuma no Hukkon (butchered spelling)

Jeez, let up on the guy. He even apologized for necroing.
Personally, I'd also like to see the screenshots.

He added something to it by raising awareness, so I don't see nothing wrong with it.
"Search first! Don't make new threads!!"
"Don't post in old threads! Make new ones!"
Geez, make up your minds.

Magnulus posted on Aug 1 2006 at 12:28 PM said:

i myself think it makes more sense to post in old threads whenever possible, rather than adding to 'topic clutter', but what is the official policy of the forum?

hitbyambulance posted on Aug 1 2006 at 04:21 PM said:
Magnulus posted on Aug 1 2006 at 12:28 PM said:

i myself think it makes more sense to post in old threads whenever possible, rather than adding to 'topic clutter', but what is the official policy of the forum?

Do whatever you want, just dont bring irrelevant things up from the dead..like what sexijessi1993 was doing last week. Although, it was kinda funny.

okay i thought we could post a little status update for may69

we have some good news and some bad news...

first the bad ones... may69 is DEAD due to copyright reasons. we tried to get in touch with several companies to get a permission using the characteres. this was NOT possible. around 5 other companies also refused us to let us use their characters. unfortunatly we have to accept this decision... the whole process took around 4 months as not everyone was responding or people sent us somewhere else.

now the good news: yesterday i got an idea about a concept for new graphic elements and the best is - we don't need anyones permission now. i've drawn a new title screen and a new ingame preview screen. as soon as kedo is reachable we will find out if the concept is okay with him or not.

the new project title is "play with captain toffy" ;)

lets see how long it takes again to threw someting playable into the public ;)

After you're done with this puzzler I get first chance at publishing it on Windows Mobile handhelds right? ;P
This game reminds me of a Gameboy Advance game I made once. I love these games and it fits the market of the commercial games I write lately...though minus any adult content.

It's nice to see you around here Kojote. :)

zodttd posted on Dec 15 2006 at 05:54 AM said:
After you're done with this puzzler I get first chance at publishing it on Windows Mobile handhelds right?

It's nice to see you around here Kojote. :)

1) we do that on our own ;) there are still plans to release it on various platforms... if you are bored you may take over the port to windows ce ;)
2) i am not too active in the public anymore... real life keeps me busy... and those who want to reach me, have always found a way yet ;)
-koj

Xump is a cool game by the way. I had a game like that on the c64 but I couldn't remember the name. So finding this is awesome.

I recommend it highly.

Back