Testing Wanted For A New Gp2x F200 Game

It's not really worth all this trouble - I certainly wouldn't want to have to recalibrate before/after any game.

There's obviously something going on here that I think Gernot needs to looks at.

There is indeed something weird going on. Why the heck are only GLBasic games affected?

That scared me for a while. I thought I could no longer play B'lox!... :lol:

EDIT:

Tested it more thoroughly this time. Seems to be okay; nothing odd came up.

I only noticed that the dialog title for the Select button shortcut is "Exit Game", while in the normal exit dialog is just "Exit".

Is this the last update? (no L & R menu navigation? I'm being demanding... hehe... :D)

It's definitely not the last update, but it's probably going to be one of the last before it's officially time up on the competition.

I want to get this game as good as it can possibly be, and I'm pleased that you are still seeking things that you'd like added. I will of course add L & R navigation (I'm presuming you mean to the menus).

Due to the nature of adding these, it could upset the control method and I don't want to break anything just before the deadline, hence I'm putting it off a bit. TBH the L & R navigation will probably only be used by F100 owners (unless they can't use the touchscreen for some odd reason ;)), as it's far quicker just to use the touchscreen, but nonetheless they will speed up input and that's got to be good for players.

Which do you prefer "Exit" or "Exit Game"?

BTW - I probably picked the most apt and perfect name for this game - B'lox! as it's actually short for Bollox! (A vulgar scream of absolute frustration) It's just coincidental that it has blocks in the game! ;)

Well good news Manjuu. I managed to implement L & R control for the menu bars in-game and in the puzzle editor easily. They can also be used for selecting OK/Cancel in the GUI dialogues (but I'm sure you'll tell me that they don't work somewhere :p)

Gernot assures me that with the new GLB update the touchscreen is working 100% and that the blackscreen was caused by a slight change to GLBasic's use of a command that informs the user what machine the game is running on. It should be sorted now.

Oh I've also added two more puzzles - #98 and #99 (clever naming convention :p). Not brain busters, but should kill a couple of seconds :D

You'll be wanting this then - http://www.iprice.remakes.org/stuff/blox_gp2x.rar

Manjuu said:
Hmm... I managed to get it back to work, after multiple recalibration.

Oh well, at least I know it can be fixed. How about trying this method Magic Sam to see if it works for you. :p

It works now, after only two recalibration :) Touchscreen adds a lot to this game !

EDIT: I've just realized that there already is a GLBasic game named "Blox" in the Archive...maybe you should tell the author about your two games sharing "almost" the same name...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tested the L & R controls; they work great. Thanks. :)

The only thing I noticed is that the L & R button would cause the cursor to jump to the edges of the toolbar when initially entering the Puzzle Editor (with the cursor still at the toolbar) or when after closing a dialog where the cursor is set back to the toolbar. It's like the position of the cursor isn't yet set, which allows this to happen. Although, it's not really a problem. :p

Another thing I noticed, that is also a non-issue, is that during the Test Mode, the Confirmation dialogs do not pop-up when I'm testing an incomplete puzzle; the menus would execute immediately without the Confirmation dialog showing first.

As for the Puzzle Select dialog, maybe just "Exit" would suffice. Your call. :lol:

The total number of puzzles is 99 at the moment. Here's a puzzle from me to make it 100 (that is if you want to include this):

puzzle01sh0.png

It's not really a hard puzzle, it just takes some work to finish.

I'm also wondering why the Puzzle #97 is located in that position, it's a short and not that hard of a puzzle. I also find it nice to have the cake puzzle be the last puzzle. (Although, it's up to you on what the order of the puzzles would be. :p)

I ordered all the puzzles before I completed the last two (ordering them takes time and after a nightshift, I was just too tired to re-order everything, but I will do).

I'll happily add your puzzle to the collection :)

The menu jump from right to left was intentional actually - there's a long way to go from the first icon to the last in the puzzle editor. It would probably be better to have them wrap around. I'll do that now.

I could leave the cake for last puzzle - it'll be like a mini-celebration at the end :)

[EDIT] Puzzle added and completed - took me 187 on first attempt - I know I can do better than that though!

The only thing I don't like about the game is the time limit. Half way thru a really good level it automatically quits.... why!?!?!

Aside from that, awesome game, best use of the touch screen so far for sure!!!

In this thread a testversion from GLBasic is used. This version is limited to 5 minutes.

Use the version from this thread. Here the time limit is gone.

Regards,
Stephan

As sbock stated, the initial release was a GLBasic demo version which weas limited to 5 minutes. The link above is for the full version which has no time limits.

Thanks for the feedback danlorimer :)

Just a quick note to say that, thanks to everybody's help, B'lox! actually won the GLBasic/Gp2x.de competition, so I've bagged myself a nice shiny F200 and the full retail version of GLBasic, so expect to see much more from me in the future.

Thankyou.

:D

iprice said:
Just a quick note to say that, thanks to everybody's help, B'lox! actually won the GLBasic/Gp2x.de competition, so I've bagged myself a nice shiny F200 and the full retail version of GLBasic, so expect to see much more from me in the future.

Thankyou.

:D
Congratulations! I'm very glad your game won, it is very polished and a lot of fun - I play it on an F-100, I imagine it can only be better on a F-200. I played through the first 65 puzzles before I got distracted by other things, but I'll come back and finish it soon. I look forward to your next games :)

On a side note, I'm impressed by GLBasic, it seems to be a great product capable of some pretty nifty things!

Yeah! Congrats. A really well deserved win...

Regards,
Stephan

Excellent!!! Congrats... :)

Looking forward to your other projects (and an updated version of B'lox!). ;)

Back