Testing Wanted For A New Gp2x F200 Game

No wonder I felt déjà vu while playing some of these "new" puzzles. Some of them are exact copies of previous ones, while some are variants. :(

Here is a list of puzzles that have duplicates (that I noticed):
- 32 & 94
- 33, 52, & 95
- 49 & 92
- 53 & 80
- 54 & 77
- 55 & 90
- 56 & 84
- 57 & 81
- 59 & 82

The last puzzle is solvable. :p

Really? Bugger.

Some of the puzzles were created by other people. Your memory is obviously way better than mine, as I didn't even notice. Time for changes and harsh words, methinks :/

I beat the last puzzle too :D

Thanks Manjuu.

[EDIT]

Right. Here is the whole set again, with NEW puzzles created for #52, #77, #80, #81, #82, #84, #90, #92, #94, #95 - http://www.iprice.remakes.org/stuff/data_and_icon.rar

Cheers Ian. Thanks for the icon . I like it. Better than my version...

Regards,
Stephan

Nice... finished them. Much better. :p

(Although, I feel sad when I run out of puzzles to play. :lol: )

iprice said:
I'll just have to create some more to repay you for all your hard work :)
hentai pictures after each puzzle could be sufficent :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Right here's a near as complete version of my B'lox! game as it's probably going to appear for the GLBasic/GP2X.de comp.

The link below provides EVERYTHING - media (gfx, sfx, data), GP2X executable, icon - this is therefore open and available to everyone :D

[EDIT] NEW LINK - http://www.iprice.remakes.org/stuff/blox_gp2x.rar (approx. 2.35Mb)

I've graded all 97 of the puzzles and put them in a rough order of difficulty. I've added START and SELECT access in-game. START takes you back to the title screen. SELECT takes you to the Puzzle Select screen.

Whilst the above is the FULL game, it was compiled in the demo version of GLBasic, so limits usage to five minutes. I will update to an unlimited version at a later date.

Feedback and comments greatly appreciated. :)

Hi,

@ iprice: I'm sorry to tell you that, but the touchscreen doesn't work on my F-200 :(

First, I can't select the language with the stylus, I need to use the d-pad and the B button.
Menu and Puzzle selection don't work either with the touchscreen :(

In game, when I use the stylus, the following screen appears: Previous Puzzle, Play previous puzzle ? Any progress will be lost. OK / Cancel...

And you misspelt "selct" in "The Game" section of the README.

BUT the game is nice:
- Great music, it brings Super Mario Land 2 back to my mind, I don't know why ;)
- Great game, similar to some puzzles in the last Zelda on GC / Wii.
- Nice graphics, commercial quality :)

Keep up the good work and good luck for the contest !

Bye, Magic Sam

Same here. The stylus functionality is borked.

Nothing to add to what Magic Sam said (except we have different tastes in music)

What the heck!?! :blink:

The new release is a dud. It doesn't even load at all; stuck with a blank screen. :(

Now for the real shocker. The previous release's touchscreen is working for me. It's working like how the last test build was. :eek:

I haven't properly checked these releases yet, as I wanted to inform you of this unusual finding.

(I did make sure that I have all the necessary files, and I performed CRC as well to confirm them.)

On a side note, I was able to test the new Start & Select shortcut. They work, although when the Select button is used in the Test Mode of the Puzzle Editor, it exits the Test Mode back to the Puzzle Editor, and when I finally go out of the Options screen, the Puzzle Select screen would then pop-up instead of the Start Menu screen.

Hmm... seems to be working fine. Touchscreen works, and I don't notice anything wrong.

I'm still puzzled why the older release's touchscreen was not working for Magic Sam & Fawny Kate, but it was working fine for me. Just to make sure of it, I tested it also in GMenu2x and moved it out of the "game" folder; it still worked. :rolleyes:

Now I'm worried that this new release would suffer the same thing. Can anyone else test to confirm that the touchscreen is consistently working?

Excellent news, cheers again Manjuu. :)

Is there perhaps differences between F200 versions or earlier/later product updates?

Dunno.

The game is working correctly. I noticed no flaws yet.

Regards,
Stephan

I'm sorry, but it still doesn't work ...

I tried to put the game in another directory, but it didn't work :(
My F-200 S/N is 2007.10.25 - GP2XV001 - 00000060
And I'm not using Gmenu2x ...

Oh great... I broke my touchscreen... :(

Now I'm experiencing what Magic Sam & Fawny Kate most likely have. The touchscreen is screwed up, and the coordinates seemed to be relatively confined to a smaller area on the upper-left area of the screen.

The weird thing about this, is that it only affects GLBasic programs... :blink: All the other touchscreen programs (including the gp2xmenu) are functioning normally, but B'lox! & Muepp Muepp (another touchscreen GLBasic game) are experiencing this problem with touchscreen.

I'm not really sure what caused this, but it had to be related to the built-in touchscreen calibration utility of the F-200. After I recalibrated, the touchscreen broke. I manage to get it back to work after recalibrating a few times, but I stupidly tried it again to check and broke it again; I can't seem to get it back to work now. :(

I can't play B'lox! with touchscreen anymore... so sad. :(

So this is kinda :D and :(

I've said for a while that the problem is GLBasic. Something was screwed, then fixed. It now appears to be borked again. :(

I'm not really sure what I can do at this point in time - my understanding of F200s is limited at best (my knowledge of F100 is only slightly better, even though I own one).

Anyone have any ideas?

Hmm... I managed to get it back to work, after multiple recalibration.

Unfortunately, I was half-heartedly recalibrating it, which resulted in an inaccurate calibration. I have to recalibrate again... grr... I don't want to break it again. <_<

Oh well, at least I know it can be fixed. How about trying this method Magic Sam to see if it works for you. :p

EDIT 1: As expected, it broke again after recalibrating. Off to try and fix it again. :(

EDIT 2: Got it working again with a much better calibration. I dare not to recalibrate again.

Back