May The Power Be With You

mali

-
Website
Visit site
Well, you might've read it in the main news, we were waiting for the prototype batteries to finish up the case.

Here they are, they are not wrapped up yet, but the size and type is the final one, so this is another step finished.

protobatt_thumb.jpg

Also, regarding drivers, we will have something for you soon - I'm sure you'll be happy... but that will have to wait until I write the next blog entry.

mali said:
Well, you might've read it in the main news, we were waiting for the prototype batteries to finish up the case.

Here they are, they are not wrapped up yet, but the size and type is the final one, so this is another step finished.

Also, regarding drivers, we will have something for you soon - I'm sure you'll be happy... but that will have to wait until I write the next blog entry.
Hmmm, i wonder what you will get if you stack 2 off those as a extended battery... 8000mAh. :)

20h off gaming? 200h off mp3 playing? *Drools*

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:

hmm, what surprise could they have for the driver?
i wonder...

Thank you ED...
In the next update it will be better if you give us some information about how the prototyping process is going on...
However thanks

thomasvdp said:

Maybe the 3D Hardware loading some models...

i wonder...

The missing ones were Wifi and SGX. SGX is there now, mabe they'll show the same demos that were seen on Beagle Board. The Doom3 snippet is quite teasing :lol:
Edit:
@giovanni
The new battery is needed for the prototyping ;)

giovanni said:
Thank you ED...
In the next update it will be better if you give us some information about how the prototyping process is going on...
However thanks
Hmm? What else is missing?
The roadmap is on the main news page, after the battery prototypes are there, the case design will be finished (deadline January 15th) and then the case will be prototyped...?

Last edited:
mali said:
i wonder...

The missing ones were Wifi and SGX. SGX is there now, mabe they'll show the same demos that were seen on Beagle Board. The Doom3 snippet is quite teasing :lol:
Edit:
@giovanni
The new battery is needed for the prototyping ;)
Doom 3? What? Where? :D

Ok, it looks a little like Doom3, but I wasn't able to verify what it really is, cause I haven't found any info on the Futuremark site. A little bit wishful thinking is involved, I have to admit :lol: Edit: It is called Proxycon
Edit:
Seing that you feature Beagle Board stuff on the Blog, too:
Full-screen video decoding only taking 11% of the CPU?
Possible thanks to the C64x+ DSP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH4ZSpehNQw

Well this youtube video is pretty relevant to the pandora :-

SGX working with 2.6.27 (Beagleboard)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3ToYOgP9f9U

Lets hope we can see a simalar video running on an actual pandora soon.

Or even a simalar demo running on my very own pandora ;)

Nice Pic. They really look like strong little Powerpacks. :) It was mentioned, that the type for the Pandora is lithium polymer, I hope they will have enough security mechanisms inside to prevent the Pandora from all these funny Battery Explosions, we've known from big Notebook manufacturers.

"Overcharging a Li-poly battery will likely result in explosion and/or fire. During discharge on load, the load has to be removed as soon as the voltage drops below approximately 3.0 V per cell (used in a series combination), or else the battery will subsequently no longer accept a full charge and may experience problems holding voltage under load."[i/]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium-ion_polymer_battery

Sounds like our Pandora really can be a dangerous Box. :D

Can the battery be replaced easily and is there a battery charger for it? I would like to buy an extra battery and use one in the Pandora and charge the other at the same time.

EvilDragon said:
giovanni said:
Thank you ED...
However thanks
Hmm? What else is missing?
The roadmap is on the main news page, after the battery prototypes are there, the case design will be finished (deadline January 15th) and then the case will be prototyped...?

Thanks for the very fast reply. :D

When we talk about 'protptype' (now that we are in January and can't apply relevant changes to its design), are we talking about a first and not a sperimental case?

@MiniSinisterMinister
AFAIK you will have to loosen four screws to remove the battery.

craigix said:
We have decided to stick to 27mm and a custom battery size to use every last mm of space, the battery will be ~4000mah...

Are batteries on photo really 27 mm thick? They seems a lot thinner.

Back