Max Overclock

RockOut

Website
www.godsofallmedia.com
I apologize if this has been asked before, I used the search button.

Anyway, what is your maximum overclock on the GP2X?

I got 290 w/ the cpu speed tester.

EDIT: I have a MK2. Also, this should be stickied so that we can have a sheet of data regarding max overclocks and GP2X type.

Same on the speed test for me, but that equates to 275-280mhz when actually playing something (depending on what that something is).

Although 90% of the time I play at 200mhz.

Mk 1 First Edition - 310, but becomes a little unstable after a while (about 10mins):huh:
With stuff like snes, gpsp or psx I usually run it at around 280-300 stable, but it sucks the battery power :eek:

260 MHz, but I usually don't overclock it. No need for that with Picodrive :D

My Mk2 works at 265 on SquidgeSNES, but crashes at 270.

If you can, post your GP2X version, guys. The earlier models Mk1 and First Edition seem to overclock higher.

It is likely that the CPU speed tester doesn't test the stable speed. It might be better to try an overclocked speed in a demanding emulator (one that cannot reach full frame rate) for 10 mins.

After lots of testing on my MK2, 266 stable. 265 not, though - why is this? What is the thing between 265 and 266? It's the only clock frequency that has a +1 difference in most emus. TELL ME THE SECRETS.

halo9 posted on Dec 28 2006 at 03:26 PM said:
266 is the normal speed of the processor. I guess any lower is 'underclocked' to save batteries. Mine clocks up to ~275.
The GP2x uses rejects that aren't gauranteed to meet the minimum clockspeed of the chip at 266mhz. They can all handle 240 from the sounds of it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back