Massive Gp2x Feature In Gamestm Magazine (issue 71)

Tobriand said:
Fantastic - will have to try and find a copy to look at. Did they get it approximately right?
Err...I'd hope so, I wrote it. :)

sensible GP32 said:
A brand new penny to the person who scans it first.
I'm going to scan it, but not until the magazine is off the shelves. If you can buy a copy, please try to do so!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to scan it, but not until the magazine is off the shelves. If you can buy a copy, please try to do so!

Heh, hope you did a 'good' job; else you're setting yourself up being flamed (again) :D (any mention of homebrew??)
Will see if I can get a copy - but you're right, it shouldn't be scanned and posted until next month's is out I would think.. :unsure:

Just finished reading the article, covers all the bases and opinions of the console. Good job :).

Side note: "The first developer units are already out there, but the first unites for casual users should appear in July" - Craig Rothwell

:)

kevcal said:
(any mention of homebrew??)
Homebrew is mentioned yes, but the main focus of the feature is speaking to developers about what its like to code for, what the community is like and what they think the future holds for the machine - including asking about Pandora.

Craig has a whole page interview, too.

yaustar said:
The interview definitely caught the attention of a few people: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/to...topic_id=497187

Alot of whine bitch and moan on there. Oh well they will come around when the final one is released.

I really didn't design the control layout. CraigIX designed the control layout. I have made the early CAD model and tried a mockup. I stated that the controls feel good, much better than one may think.

Oops, my bad. Ah well, they won't know ;)

I think it is just the standard knee jerk reaction, maybe it will start to settle in as they dwell on it a bit?

DaveC said:
yaustar said:
The interview definitely caught the attention of a few people: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/to...topic_id=497187

Alot of whine bitch and moan on there. Oh well they will come around when the final one is released.

I really didn't design the control layout. CraigIX designed the control layout. I have made the early CAD model and tried a mockup. I stated that the controls feel good, much better than one may think.

Thing about the Pandora is that the design is different. My initial reaction was "WTF!?" and I also thought it was really ugly. After a couple of days I realised that I actually liked the design, because there are only so many ways you can fit together a screen and keys etc, so I think the design of Pandora is definitely something that grows on you. I think the initial reaction of dislike is because we are not used to seeing a device with gaming controls and a keyboard all in one and especially so compact.
In a similar vain you can parallel this to how people reacted to the announcement that the Revolution was going to be called Wii.

Excellent article, certainly the best piece I've seen about the GP2X in the 'mainstream' media.

Reckon it should generate a few orders for Craig, as well as a bit of extra interest in the Pandora.

Back