Mashmods

I soldered for the first time yesterday, just practiced for 10 mins. Twas a doddle, soldering anything and everything now! Want a chip for the ps2 just so I can solder it in :lol:.

Dozer posted on Jul 21 2004 at 03:02 AM said:
I soldered for the first time yesterday, just practiced for 10 mins. Twas a doddle, soldering anything and everything now! Want a chip for the ps2 just so I can solder it in :lol:.
Meh, I'd be soldering if I had taken Industrial Engineering my Freshman year in HS (Most of the students who are even remotely into games and computers take it), but I was too busy taking all those textbook classes, like Honors Biology. Then, for those people who don't get an oppurtunity to take Industrial their Freshman year, they get another chance their sophomore year, but I DON'T (Taking more of those textbook classes, like AP Euro History and Honors Chemistry). Then, I have my Junior year, right? Nope, still going to be full with those classes, and whatever open slots I have will be filled with computer classes. The same with my Senior year...

Sorry for going off-topic there.

Just so you know, Mash still hasn't responded to the email I sent him concerning the "unavoidable" nick, in which I told him that others from GP32x (Mash is on these boards so he should be familiar with GP32x in the email) didn't have these nicks, and that even people who had Glass Screens put in by him weren't nicked. I sent that email over a week ago. He also hasn't responded to the one where I told him that my R button is starting to be unresponsive again, even though I haven't used the GP32 for long.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, just thought i'd pop in :D

Secondly, Azure, that is possibly the WORST workmanship i have EVER seen from a PROFESSIONAL. PERIOD. I would demand either:

a. A replacement
b. A refund
c. At least a fix (ie. replacement case, new buttons, blah blah blah...)

<_< btw.... i live within 4 minutes of canada.... maybe i should kick some mash-ass.....

:ph34r:

Dozer posted on Jul 21 2004 at 10:02 AM said:
I want to Buy another PS2 just to fit a chip again lol...

As long as you take your time its simple

You dont need to take soldering lessons... just go down to your local electrical shop and buy a Fine Tipped 15w soldering iron :p

Ruune posted on Jul 21 2004 at 05:36 AM said:

Secondly, Azure, that is possibly the WORST workmanship i have EVER seen from a PROFESSIONAL. PERIOD. I would demand either:

a. A replacement
b. A refund

<_< btw.... i live within 4 minutes of canada.... maybe i should kick some mash-ass.....

He's not replying to my emails anymore <_<

Steve-O posted on Jul 21 2004 at 08:10 PM said:
As long as you take your time its simple

You dont need to take soldering lessons... just go down to your local electrical shop and buy a Fine Tipped 15w soldering iron :p
You apparently haven't soldered some of the earlier version PS2 motherboards.
:lol:

There were some (ver 1.4 I think) that it's near impossible to do because you have to solder on the IC legs. :eek:

Azure posted on Jul 21 2004 at 09:00 PM said:

a. A replacement
b. A refund

he gave me the cold shoulder also, i emailed him about the shipping, no replies..........., im not satisfied.

Jr2swiss posted on Jul 22 2004 at 05:27 AM said:
Azure posted on Jul 21 2004 at 09:00 PM said:
First of all, just thought i'd pop in  :D

a. A replacement
b. A refund

he gave me the cold shoulder also, i emailed him about the shipping, no replies..........., im not satisfied.
Typical crappy video game joint. Rip off too.

jonjandran posted on Jul 21 2004 at 09:34 PM said:
There were some (ver 1.4 I think) that it's near impossible to do because you have to solder on the IC legs. :eek:
the V4 required you to solder onto the Chip legs which were 0.2mm appart...

If you want a PS2 chip get one quick... they are Illegal in the UK now, so most placces will be stopping selling them...

I was going to recomend using www.eliteconsoles.co.uk for a PS2 Modchip, but they have Stopped selling them now :(

AZURE - I think you should Message Bomb them lol.... Send them 100 Emails or something to get there attention.

OR Email them with a different Email Address

Azure I can give you an idea of what I was thinking about doing in order to fix the knicks on my GP32. I was going to heat the plastic enough for it to soften a bit and then smooth it over the best I could that way it wouldn't be noticeable. I have done this with other things and as long as you don't burn the plastic it should work good.

Steve-O posted on Jul 22 2004 at 08:33 AM said:
If you want a PS2 chip get one quick... they are Illegal in the UK now, so most placces will be stopping selling them...

I was going to recomend using www.eliteconsoles.co.uk for a PS2 Modchip, but they have Stopped selling them now :(

AZURE - I think you should Message Bomb them lol.... Send them 100 Emails or something to get there attention.

OR Email them with a different Email Address
Shit, oh yeah :(. I've been planning on getting one from elite consoles for ages.

Bugger. Would anyone like to recommend a good uk site that still sells ps2 modchips? Maybe recommend a good chip as well?

:angry: Just played some OS9XGP for about 30 minutes on a car ride and my damn R button got totally FUBARed! It's ridiculous (It really is, you have to press down so freakin' hard!) how hard you have to press the button to have it register.

Back