Mashmods

coolgpguy

Website
Visit site
I was owndering if anyone else sent there gp32s to mashmods and their experiences. I trust them the guy is very responsive with my emails. How long did it take ur gp32 and how was it shipped back? If you got the button mod how did it feel different. And does the glass reflect alot in the sun? on do they do something to it to make it anti-reflective? :blink: :unsure:
edit: maybe this should be in the help section :lol:

People asking about Mashmods has been posted over and over and over again..

Try searching next time. As far as I know, they're supposed to be great.

I have sent mine to them to fix my broken internal power switch... it would not accept battery power. I sent it to him from my post office and a few days later I got an email from him (Gregor) describing very comprehensively what he did... he said he tried several different things with my GP32 until he found out what was wrong with it and fixed it. I got a glass screen put in too, and it is AMAZINGLY better than the one that came with the GP32. The glare is pretty much the same (I noticed that with the default screens it just creates two smaller glares on the screen instead of one, one blue glare and one regular white one). So the new screen is the same as the old one (without the glare), but it doesn't scratch (as easily), break, or have a thick purple hue on it at all times. It's way clearer. The only problem is that I could kind of tell that it was a homemade job. The edges of the case around the screen were a little scratched. It looked like he had a little trouble getting the original screen out. Oh well, it makes no difference to me.

So I would recommend sending it to him.

Maybe, but he might now have the same skills in that department as he does in the other things he does. Also, they wouldn't do it if you personally ask them to when you send your GP32 (I mean, they would only do it if they offer it as another service, not just something that one customer asked for).

Anything that they would do for free would be great (Being reasonable of course. Not something stupid like break your screen for you). Why not shoot them an e-mail about it?

Why dont you do it yourself? Taking your GP32 apart is easy even for the layman (although when I took mine apart it seemed like those screws were welded in lol!),
After you have your case removed, and the screen and buttons removed from it, there are many methods you can find walkthroughs for most of them, like using spraypaint that adheres to plastic, or using a mix of acetone, dye, and water to "Stain" the plastic, etc...

i think that paint would not be their speciality
so unless mash is also tallented in that area
i doubt that mod will be added

RockOut posted on Apr 17 2004 at 07:33 PM said:
What would be sweet would be a clear blue, red, or green clear plastic case replacement! :D
Like these, right?
couleurs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back