Mame4All Dingoo V1.1

Yes I have some wonderful scaling routines that will working nicely for the Wiz too; I will pass them on to Franxis (who is still around just taking a well deserved MAME break).

Did a little more work on the MAME4ALL Dingux release last night. Coming soon.

slaanesh said:
Yes I have some wonderful scaling routines that will working nicely for the Wiz too; I will pass them on to Franxis (who is still around just taking a well deserved MAME break).

Ok that is good. Really the only scaling I ever use is when the screen is cut off like Rampage or R-type (Scaling in like Donkey Kong for example would look awful). Those types of games with larger screens are unplayable now.

Also I noticed Pepper II and I think Venture run terribly slow now but used to run on the older versions. I am not sure if you noticed those were broken.

Last edited by a moderator:
slaanesh said:

its out its out its out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slaanesh said:
MrDont said:
I'm trying to reconfigure the button layout for games that require rotate mode, Bombjack, Galaga etc.
Using the select+y combo I choose the Input(this game) option from the menu to reconfigure the button layout.
When trying to remap the dingoo "A" (button 1) to "select" it doesn't response. Has this key been nulled because of it use as a "shift" key or is there something wrong with my setup?

Any help or pointers would be gratefully received.
You are completely correct - it's been nulled out so to speak. You can not define it as a button by itself. It's only used to provide a shift mechanism for other buttons.
My reasoning was that despite being in a handy position for rotated games (as a fire button), it's not really a good button to press. In fact I find it awful and very clicky.

I could enable it in the next release as a definable button but that would change some things around and I think I prefer not to. Unless there is strong support for enabling the 'select' button as a definable key in MAME.

I just played MAME on a friends dingoo, and being able to use SELECT for these styles of reto vertical games ( Galaxian / Donkey Kong etc ) would be excellent.

I've just ordered a Dingoo myself after seeing MAME in action on it, and being able to map SELECT as a button would be the icing on the cake!!!

Mal

Back