MAME4ALL Beta not running and MAME EX not showing games

AcesHigh

Still Fresh
Hey guys, I'm having 2 problems I was hoping someone might help me with

I'm running:

Beta 3

Kernel 3.2

Super Zaxxon 1.5

1. When I load up my MAME EX 1.0.0.0, it doesn't show any games in the list. It's just blank. I've verified that I loaded the ROMs in the right ROM directory:

..//appdata/mame-ex-app/roms

2. When booting MAME4ALL Beta 2.5.0.7, the screen just flashes. Here as well, I verified that I have ROMs in the right directory

..//appdata/mame4all/roms

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Why not run superzaxxon final?

Also, which roset are you using for the emulators?

Superzaxxon 1.5 is just what was loaded. Is final stable? Do you have link for the installation?

i'm running v146 ROMset

Pretty much what everyone else said:

Mame4all doesn't run under the pre Beta5 releases of SuperZaxxon. Note that even if you are running SZ Final, you might notice missing roms from your list - if so then boot (right shoulder button held on power up) into the older kernel - both Mame4all and PanMame seem happier under that.

Your Romset is too new (though some may still show up), to the best of my recollection, the various versions of Mame on Pandora use:

Mame4all - 037b5

MameEX - 110

PanMame - 106

Thanks guys.... ugh.... another MAME set? Is there a better way to manage all your MAME sets other than having like 3 different 32GB sets of ROMs?

Thanks for the help!

You can't play every game a romset provides, so just put the games you want to play on the card. Also the 0.37b5 set is just 2gb

Yeah, I'm seeing this a bunch. I'm thinking I have to just try downloading it and eventually it won't quit on me?

I've tried at least 10 times to download the super Zaxxon Final and no good. any mirror sites? Also, my boot screen already says Super Zaxxon 1.5. I'm reading posts and they say that this is what the final version of SuperZaxxon says. Do I aleady have it?

Also, I get that MAME4ALL might not work on anything besides SZF, but what about MAME EX? The app loads but nothing loads in the terminal window. I did find some older versions of MAME roms but not one shows up and pressing "Y" to recan for ROMs doesn't do anything. Is that a compatibility issue of the version of SZ I'm running?

I cannot say anything about mameex, but did you try panmame? Should be compatible and a bit faster.

Did you try to get the hotfix with wget? Wget can pickup downloads when they stall. At least I can downloadnthe image with it.

Wow, I'm even more of a noob than I thought. LOL! WGET? Will definitely try panmame. Thanks for the tip mcobit!

stainy, there is already a www in the link. ?

Hey mcobit, just wanted to thank you for the advice. I found wget and downloaded that pesky zip file no problems at all. also installed PANMAME. It's the best MAME emulator for Pandora, hands down!

Thanks for the help buddy!

EDIT: Ninjad!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back