Mame

HiTideBlastoise

Still Fresh
I have the mame emulator correctly installed, but my arcade games won't show up. What can I do to fix this?

A little more information would be helpful. Is it the right romset? Are the roms in the right place? Are the roms still zipped?

You need to use the specific romset specified in readme.txt, not PC romsets supported.
Same games need bios files too, depending the emulated system.

This is how my files are setup. I have the rom directories in the the roms folder, and I have double checked to see if the games I have are in the romset, but everytime I run MAME it says error no games found. I can explain in more detail if needed, but that's how it is setup.

HiTideBlastoise said:
This is how my files are setup. I have the rom directories in the the roms folder, and I have double checked to see if the games I have are in the romset, but everytime I run MAME it says error no games found. I can explain in more detail if needed, but that's how it is setup.
Rom directories? Just copy the zipped roms in the roms folder.
They reworked the roms to work on actual versions of mame some time ago, so it might be, that your roms work on a new mame version on your pc, but the same roms don´t work on Caanoo. You need the roms working for the quite old romset (was it 0.34b5?). A little googling for caanoo mame4all pack might be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back