Lots Of Mame4All Games Do Not Work, What Gives?

Solid82

Still Fresh
I have a handful of games working on Mame, but there's lots of games on the MAME4ALL game list that won't load because files are missing. I tried every Rom file for Galaga, Hang On, and Mortal Kombat and they just won't work. This really stinks. Anyone else have this problem ? How do you fix this?

If you get the message that files are missing, then you don't have the correct Romset. Look for a Mame4All Romset.

CKeichel said:
If you get the message that files are missing, then you don't have the correct Romset. Look for a Mame4All Romset.

I've just been using regular Mame Roms. Is there a link for a site that has Mame4all roms?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Google - somewhere out there there's a big zip file with all the roms that work on the Wiz. Not all of them work on the Caanoo yet, but most of them seem to be okay. Getting the right Mame roms can be a real chore sometimes. <_< Dodonpachi works wonderfully with the rotated screen though!

Popcorn Dave said:
Try Google - somewhere out there there's a big zip file with all the roms that work on the Wiz. Not all of them work on the Caanoo yet, but most of them seem to be okay. Getting the right Mame roms can be a real chore sometimes. <_< Dodonpachi works wonderfully with the rotated screen though!

Yeah, I will go on the hunt later today. Thanks for the info.

Orion4874 said:
The Neo Geo roms need files from the Neo bios. It lists them when you try to load the game.

Yeah, I know all about that. I have Samurai Showdown II working 100% perfect on my Caanoo. The Neo Geo roms all run super fast. I've just been having trouble with the more obscure classic arcade roms. Its lots of work getting the roms to have good sound and performance too, I was up almost all night messing with the performance options for different games. It's pathetic I know.

MAME4ALL is based on code from a very old MAME verision, something like .37b1 . You'll need to make sure that you have older rom versions correspondent with that version of MAME.

A lot of "parent" games from that era did not work in MAME due to unemulated protection and so forth, but sometimes their clones and bootlegs do work because the copy protection had been removed by the original bootlegger. Hang-On fits into this category - look for superhangonb ("Super Hangon - Bootleg") as it is the only version of the game that runs in MAME4All.

Back