Best G-Sensor Games In Mame?

Solid82

Still Fresh
I got the Star Wars original arcade game with the vector graphics working with the G-Sensor. It takes some getting used to, but man it sure is a blast!

Can anyone recommend other great G-Sensor games for MAME?

Also, can you edit the controls for games in Mame4all on Caanoo? how is it done?

torpor said:
I've got to know how you did this - in MAME4ALL for Caanoo?

Just activate G-Sensor in the Mame4All Menu to use the G-Sensor to steer.

Some games that play in an interesting way with the G-Sensor are:

Outrun, Space Harrier (unfortunately only without sound fast enough, even at 760 Mhz)
Marble Madness (a whole new experience)
I, Robot (making an unique game even more unique)

Last edited by a moderator:
CKeichel said:
torpor said:
I've got to know how you did this - in MAME4ALL for Caanoo?

Just activate G-Sensor in the Mame4All Menu to use the G-Sensor to steer.

Some games that play in an interesting way with the G-Sensor are:

Outrun, Space Harrier (unfortunately only without sound fast enough, even at 760 Mhz)
Marble Madness (a whole new experience)
I, Robot (making an unique game even more unique)

And deff try out Star Wars. Its damn cool that you can take a vintage game from the 80s and have a whole new experience on a tiny hand held device.

Anyone with other cool G-Sensor games, let us know.

Wow, didn't know you could do this with a Caanoo. Things getting a little more interesting...

Anyway, I wouldn't think the g-sensor would work well with games like 194X series that require quick, precise changes of direction.

Most driving games (Outrun, Hang-On, Pole Position, etc) would be worth trying. Star Wars and Empire Strike Back also seem like natural fits. Trying to think of other things...surely there are more out there.

EDIT: Chase HQ, Cisco Heat (assuming they're supported, not sure atm), and a game like Offroad might work with well because it has intentionally floaty controls.

Solid82 said:
Also, can you edit the controls for games in Mame4all on Caanoo? how is it done?

press I and II keys simultanously

Back