Mame

tokugawa

Still Fresh
Hello, so ive got mame to start up, but now it says directly after the start screen "no roms found" what should i do now? ah and do you always have to place emulaters in the root of the SD?

Sorry for the hassle, im really new at this.

Greets T

Hi,
the mame folder can go into the GAME folder the roms need to be placed in the "Roms" folder inside the mame one.
I assume you've got some roms from elsewhere. Mame cannot for legal reasons be supplied with them.

Hope this helps

Hi, pfff i didnt even know that. what would be the best place to download the roms? And do i have to do this with other emus aswell.

Thanks loads.

Toku

tokugawa said:
Hi, pfff i didnt even know that. what would be the best place to download the roms? And do i have to do this with other emus aswell.

Thanks loads.

Toku

FYI a rom is technically a piece of pirate software.
In the case of mame which plays arcade machines a rom is a digitised copy of the machines hardware.
Because it's technically piracy (although some argue if you own the hardware it's not) sites like this cannot supply them or tell you where to get them.
If they did they would be liable for a lawsuit etc.

This also applies for whenever a "bios" is needed.

Google is your friend for both counts.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a few games legally available:

http://mamedev.org/roms/

Regards,
Stephan

Ok, its all getting a little clearer now, i am a ffing retard i didnt even know i needed roms for emulators i thought it was all included.

Thanx loads 4 the quick reply,

Greets Toku.

Back