Mame Emulation And An Amiga Quickie

eRETROnic

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
i have mame 4 all and mame v5.1, mame4all will run most roms and v5.1 will sometimes load ones that mame4all won't. Either what is the definitive mame to use or is there a way that you can put both on to your sd card but they both share the smae rom folder.

2nd quickie i play a game on the amiga called Quingo does anyone know where i can locate an adf for the amiga emulator. PS i do own the original disc.

thanks as always

Well I'd use MAME4ALL as it's technically superior and generally provides a more accurate (and usually faster) emulation.
However from a user's point of view there may not be as much difference, so I understand if you want to run both.
Unfortunately the ROM paths for both versions of MAME are hardcoded relative to where the executable resides. ie. if MAME lives in a directory 'X', the roms must be in 'X/roms'.
Placing both in the same directory will also cause problems as the frontend has the name for the MAME executable hardcoded (both are 'mame').
FAT32 formatted SD cards don't support sym-links either, so it looks like you might be stuck with having two separate versions.

eRETROnic said:
i have mame 4 all and mame v5.1, mame4all will run most roms and v5.1 will sometimes load ones that mame4all won't. Either what is the definitive mame to use or is there a way that you can put both on to your sd card but they both share the smae rom folder.

2nd quickie i play a game on the amiga called Quingo does anyone know where i can locate an adf for the amiga emulator. PS i do own the original disc.

thanks as always

http://roms.zophar.net/commodore-amiga

Last edited by a moderator:
eRETROnic said:

thanks as always

what MAME roms did you get to work? I've been kicking myself trying to get the MAME emulator to work on my wiz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back