Mame Launcher

FDave, If you dont reply in 10 seconds, we take it as a yes that the source can be used :D

Cool, looks like he said yes :D hehe

I noticed that too, he is quite pro-open source so its a strange move.

Could just be a lack of website updates at his site.

I'm sure he will let us know, maybe a nice email to him would be an idea, or he is often on the retrogames boards, a pm might be in order.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Reesy posted on Mar 9 2005 at 10:10 PM said:
I'll have a crack at adding Cyclone to Mame once Franxis sends me the source, hopefully it should be ok. 

Do you think we should ask Fdave or not, since he's removed the source for cyclone from his site I'm uncertain if he minds us passing the source about....Fdave you out there?

I think though even if cyclone was added the emu would still perform poorly because of the slowness of MAME in general. While I an no coder it seems that if MAME struggles now emulating the lower spec machines you won't get too much out of newer ones. I may be wrong, you would know better than me.

( Not a complaint Franxis, you have done an outstanding job, it is just the PC roots of the code that is the reason)

Z80, well now that is different. Many of the Z80 based games run pretty well now, some a bit slow but are very close. If you could put in Dr Z80 those games would fly, possibly eliminating the need for any frameskip and lowering the clock speed requirements for better battery life. I hope that it works out it would be awesome.

Also if you look at Franxis source maybe you could find the background gamma problem too, I gave him your message about the intensity bit and he tried it but it had no effect for some reason, maybe a MAME thing?

On another subject do you know if there is an ASM core of the CPU used in the Lynx? I think it used a 65C02 or something like that. Isn't that the same type of CPU used in the SNES? If so maybe Tuskenraider2K could nick the ASM core from OS9XGp and use that. For sure Lynx could be fullspeed w/sound then.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Back