Mame Help

Ok, so this is pissing me off beyond belief.

I tried and installed a new fresh copy of mame on my smc. I read the entire readme, and put a rom of "bandito" into the "roms" section in the mame folder. I got a step further; when i selected the game, it took me to a screen where I can select various things like frequency, core, etc. I clicked "a" to confirm, and it told me it cant read the rom....

I tried numerous games on the list, yet none seem to work :( . Im getting so pissed i think my gp32 will be out the window soon ;)

Also, it seems as thou even after I deleted bandito and tried another mame compatible game, bandito was still in the directory, but when selected, it says "not found". Why cant I get an actual list running on my damn smc? Its almost like mame only shows the 1st game in the directory.....

please help :(

all I can think is to send the card to someone who has one to test...I guess there's a few guys here you can trust to test it for you :)

e_b posted on Oct 26 2005 at 12:16 PM said:
all I can think is to send the card to someone who has one to test...I guess there's a few guys here you can trust to test it for you :)
im not sending my smc out for mame. fuck it.

thanks for all your help though

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably have the wrong romset. Make sure that its 0.34 romset and try multiple games as some may still not work.

I just tried using MAME and when i load up Mortal Kombat and

this is what is says.

Loading "mortal Kombat (rev 3.0 08/31/92)
mkg-u105.rom
mkg-u89.rom
mkg-u111.rom
mkg-112.rom
mkg-113.rom
mkg-114.rom
mkg-u95.rom
mkg-u96.rom
mkg-u97.rom
mkg-u98.rom
mkg-u106.rom
mkg-u107.rom