Mame Gp32 1.7

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

28-08-2005:

New MAME GP32 1.7:

- Added Cyclone M68000 ARM ASM core. Developed by Dave and some bugs fixed by Reesy and Notaz. Version 0.0080 released by Notaz. Thank you all!. This means big speed boost in M68000 games: Snow Bros, Karnov, Gauntlet, etc. Thanks also to Una-i for his help compiling Cyclone.
- New supported games: Rastan (ok), Rastan Saga (ok) and Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (gfx errors).
- Alignment optimizations added in next cores: I8039, I86, M6808, M6809.
- Internal change: M68000 games are now in a separated executable (m68000.fxe).

Thanks for all the work! Wow, you can hardly look away from gp32x these days without something else getting released!

Wow another update. Thanks Franxis and of course Reesy and Notaz for the improvements to cyclone.

I was just testing out version 1.6 properly today and we get another improvement. Excellent. :D

muchas muchas gracias franxis, thx thx a lot reaper

great relaese...... almost anything on 68000 playable with fs 2 (except snowbro)

Great Speed improvements - well done.

BUG REPORT - New Gfx core has a bug when playing Nemesis - screen is flipped and reverse text, old GFX core is fine.

Will test more - great work. Thanks.

Hi there,

Just a quick problem to report, I used to play Vigilate on older versions, I havnt played it for a while but it dosnt work on version 1.7 I get an out of memory message, is there a trick I dont know about?

steve.

vic20-ian posted on Aug 29 2005 at 07:37 AM said:
Great Speed improvements - well done.

BUG REPORT - New Gfx core has a bug when playing Nemesis - screen is flipped and reverse text, old GFX core is fine.

Will test more - great work. Thanks.

USE OLD GFX MODE !!! (was already like this since 1.5 i think)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't seem to install it. My pc can't open the RAR file and i've never got MAME to work. I have the MAME off of this site but it can't detect my rom. Does someone have a different mame EMU? I don't have folders that say JOY and ROM and crap like that....

Well, I've been playing it for a couple of days now and I'm mightly impressed how far this emulator has come since its first public release (the last one I played BTW). Full speed Missile Command, Defender, Star Wars, Tempest...brilliant!

Out of interest, any plans to port this over to the GPX2? I'd love to see what's possible with the extra processing power & memory :)

The sound works in Galaxian - not right from the start though. I noticed that Moon Cresta is the same - you need to lose a life before all the sound kicks in...

Both work great after that though...

Back