Mame Gp32 1.3 Download !

Cool :)

I have noticed a few bugs in the new games.

Millipede - can't move blaster to the right (up/down works), screen is shifted to the left and cuts off left side in vertical mode. There is unused space at the right side of screen that could be used if shifted right and then get the whole screen.

Centipede - screen is shifted to the left and cuts off left side in vertical mode. There is unused space at the right side of screen that could be used if shifted right and then get the whole screen.

Black widow - can't shoot in all directions.

Space Dual, can't get past player select screen.

Great release though, Thanks guys

great work guys :)

has 1942 been fixed yet? any news that it ever will be? :(

e_b posted on Jul 11 2005 at 09:55 AM said:
great work guys :)

has 1942 been fixed yet? any news that it ever will be? :(

I don't even know what's wrong with it :)

Tell us the problem and it might be an easy fix (probably not, but you might be lucky).

Last edited by a moderator:
well...

...at the end of a game (or end of level 1 when you 'refuel') usually text displaying your scores would come on the screen.

The text doesn't appear and the game crashes (freezes)...so I can never get past level 1 :(

hope this helps? :unsure: - I've tried with several roms ands different versions of mame :(

Thanks in advance :)

Original post:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=17789

Can anyone repackage the source code as tar.gz or zip for me? The Free RAR doesn't tend to cope very well with the newer (presumably proprietary) compression methods.

e_b posted on Jul 11 2005 at 11:37 AM said:
well...

...at the end of a game (or end of level 1 when you 'refuel') usually text displaying your scores would come on the screen.

The text doesn't appear and the game crashes (freezes)...so I can never get past level 1 :(

hope this helps? :unsure: - I've tried with several roms ands different versions of mame :(

Original post:

Yes i know about this bug but i don't know if this bug is present in original MAME 0.34 version, and also when it was solved... Maybe someone could check it??? I have looking at mamehistory and i haven't found the patch...

ralp99 posted on Jul 10 2005 at 08:38 PM said:
am i the only one who's brain is kind of blown by the fact tht these former huge arcade cabinets can now be played on the can, in your hand, powered by two measly AA batteries in a plastic casing??

wild...

My brain is goo ... :lol:

Franxis posted on Jul 11 2005 at 06:06 PM said:
e_b posted on Jul 11 2005 at 11:37 AM said:
well...

Original post:

Yes i know about this bug but i don't know if this bug is present in original MAME 0.34 version, and also when it was solved... Maybe someone could check it??? I have looking at mamehistory and i haven't found the patch...

I just had a play-thru. The "bug" is still there. The game freezes after the end of the first stage, where the pland lands on deck.

Franxis posted on Jul 12 2005 at 12:19 AM said:
sixxie posted on Jul 11 2005 at 05:36 PM said:
Can anyone repackage the source code as tar.gz or zip for me? The Free RAR doesn't tend to cope very well with the newer (presumably proprietary) compression methods.
Here it is !
http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/files/ma...3%20sources.zip

:D
Excellent! Thanks a lot :) Not to say I can definitely contribute (although did you realise the screen layout of Defender was curiously similar to that of the GP32?), I just wanted to see if I could plug my own 6809 core in, and whether it makes a jot of difference. ;)

Franxis posted on Jul 11 2005 at 11:06 PM said:

Are you suggesting (just to clarify) that I see if MAME 0.34 on PC has the same bug? If so would you have that source/.exe and I'll give it a try?! (or a link - if it's an easy 'google search' ignore me - it's just I'm at work at the mo ;) ) :unsure:

What I do know is that MAME 1942 was fine on my PC...I just don't know what version...I will see what I can find out.

Thanks again :)

sixxie posted on Jul 12 2005 at 06:28 AM said:
Franxis posted on Jul 12 2005 at 12:19 AM said:
sixxie posted on Jul 11 2005 at 05:36 PM said:
Can anyone repackage the source code as tar.gz or zip for me?  The Free RAR doesn't tend to cope very well with the newer (presumably proprietary) compression methods.
Here it is !
http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/files/ma...3%20sources.zip

:D
Excellent! Thanks a lot :) Not to say I can definitely contribute (although did you realise the screen layout of Defender was curiously similar to that of the GP32?), I just wanted to see if I could plug my own 6809 core in, and whether it makes a jot of difference. ;)

IT SHOULD BE GREAT ! CHEERS ! :D

e_b posted on Jul 12 2005 at 10:09 AM said:
Franxis posted on Jul 11 2005 at 11:06 PM said:

Are you suggesting (just to clarify) that I see if MAME 0.34 on PC has the same bug? If so would you have that source/.exe and I'll give it a try?! (or a link - if it's an easy 'google search' ignore me - it's just I'm at work at the mo ;) ) :unsure:

What I do know is that MAME 1942 was fine on my PC...I just don't know what version...I will see what I can find out.

Thanks again :)

Clarifying:

I suggest you try 1942 on MAME 0.35b1 original version (the Z80 core is taken from this version) and test if the problem is there:
If it not present -> BAD, it should be a unknown problem in my port.
It it is present -> GOOD, you will have to check the game again i the next MAME versions (MAME 0.35b2,b3,...b10, MAME 0.36...). In the first version the game is running ok i will have to check the differences between this certain version and the just previous one to know what has been changed to solve the problem.

Is the only "easy" way to solve the problem in MAME GP32.

Regards.

:(

I've tried both 0.34 & 0.35b1 (I hope I've done it correctly - using DOSbox) and it works :unsure:

gutted :(

sorry, so am I to assume it'll never work now...is there anything else I can do to 'help'? :huh:

Are you good at programming in C?

It could be quite difficult to find this problem, as it doesn't crash at startup, it only happens after the game has run for a while.

I have an idea what it might be, but I haven't got time to look into it. I think it might be something to do with the Hi Score code being removed, as the game also locks up after "Game Over" has occurred, which would be when Hi Scores would be updated/checked.

I wish I knew 'C' :(

If it helps any - it's BEFORE the scores are 'typed up' on screen.

Up to the point of freezing everything else seems 100% (from memory).

Sorry I can't help any more, sooo gutted as this was my fave game ever :(

Thanks anyway :)

thegrimreaper posted on Jul 14 2005 at 03:25 PM said:
I have an idea what it might be, but I haven't got time to look into it. I think it might be something to do with the Hi Score code being removed, as the game also locks up after "Game Over" has occurred, which would be when Hi Scores would be updated/checked.

Is hiscore support removed for a reason? It would be nice to be able to enter your initials just like in the arcades.

:)

I think Franxis might have removed it because it could create lots of SMC write operations. I'd quite like to High Scores in Mame, if I had more time I'd have a look at doing it and creating an option on the "Options Screen" to allow High Scores Saves to be enabled and disabled.

If anyone wants to add it, then they might want to check out my 2 recent posts in the Developers' Corner forum, which are there to help developers get their feet wet developing Mame.

Easy Start Guide To Building Mame

How Atari Vector Graphic Games Were Added To Mame

Unfortunately for the GP32 community, I've just accepted an offer on my house and my fiance and I are now busy planning for our trip "Around The World In However Long It Takes". This means I won't have much time to play with my GP32 anymore and this is one of the main reason I've created these 2 guides, in the hope that more developers will give Franxis some assistance. So far I'm the only person to have helped him out and I'm sure he'd really appreciate anything anyone can do to improve Mame.

I'm sure alot of us would love to help out but like myself find programming way over our heads :(. Sad to hear you won't be spending much time on Mame GP32 now as you've contributed so much in so little time :). Do you still plan on adding a frontend for Mame GP32? Hopefully, other coder's will rally to Franxis's cause. Long live Mame GP32 and all who play her :D.

:)

Back