Mame Gp2x 4.1

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
New version of the MAME port for the GP2X, with the following news:

Notaz:
- Improved the Cyclone M68k core compatibility.
E.g. Road Blasters lacked wrapper correct IRQs handling and Indiana Jones needed to know previous PC to emulate the protection chip.
- All the games run perfectly now with the standard executable.
- The compatible executable is removed because it is not needed now.
- Some optimizations have been done to the Cyclone core.

Slaanesh:
- Added 6 new romsets from MAME 0.35-0.37b12:
MAME 0.35: Wardner (World) (wardner), Wardna no Mori (Japan) (wardnerj), Pyros (US) (pyros), Funky Bee (funkybee), Sky Lancer (skylancr)
MAME 0.37b12: Pandora's Palace (pandoras) (play it with video and audio clock at 100%)
- Improvement to The New Zealand Story sound.
- Improvement to Space Panic (now uses samples for sound).

Pepe_Faruk:
- Added 16 new romsets from MAME 0.35b8-0.35b13:
MAME 0.35b8: Caveman Ninja (World Rev. 3) (cninja), Caveman Ninja (World Rev. 0) (cninja0), Caveman Ninja (US) (cninjau), Joe & Mac (Japan) (joemac), Stoneage (stoneage)
MAME 0.35b11: Armed Formation (armedf), Terra Force (terraf), Terra Force (US) (terrafu)
MAME 0.35b12: Combat School (combasc), Combat School (bootleg) (combascb), Double Dribble (ddribble)
MAME 0.35b13: Cosmic Alien (cosmica), Devil Zone (devzone), Magical Spot II (magspot2), No Man´s Land (nomnlnd), No Man´s Land (Gotlieb) (nomnlndg)
- Tilemaps have been added to Galivan and Dangar to fix some graphic errors.

Franxis:
- Compatibility improvements in the DrZ80 core. A lot of new games can be played correctly with the 'fast' executable. E.g. Black Tiger (not bootleg), 1943 (USA), Tehkan World Cup, Solomon's Key, Mr. Do, Ms. Pacman, etc.
- 1943 has been fixed, it was broken in the previous release (v4.0).
- The ClrMAME DAT has been updated with the latest romsets. An additional DAT for the samples has been added.

The download link is here: http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

Amazing stuff guys, well done. And extra thanks for adding a dat for the samples too :D

EDIT: Can i just ask why 3 ROM sets are saying they need a *.txt file? The 3 sets are combascb, ddribble and terraf?

Yorper said:
Amazing stuff guys, well done. And extra thanks for adding a dat for the samples too :D

EDIT: Can i just ask why 3 ROM sets are saying they need a *.txt file? The 3 sets are combascb, ddribble and terraf?
Obviously it is a bug in the DAT. It is fixed now, download the file again!. Thanks for the report!.

Last edited by a moderator:
To the devs: Thanks for all your hard work

Its always nice to see NOTAZ involved in a project!

Franxis said:
Yorper said:

Obviously it is a bug in the DAT. It is fixed now, download the file again!. Thanks for the report!.

Have done, thanks. :) Just need to try and find samples for dkongjr and panic now. Did you use any particular version to base the samples off because im really struggling with these 2 sample sets?

Brilliant news. Now to start trawling around for those old ROMs! Thanks! :D

EDIT: ClrMAME built the extra ROMs from my 0.116 set just fine..

Incredible: Wardner, Caveman Ninja, 2 dat files, a lot of speed improvements and compatibility.......... I LOVE YOU GUYS :D o_O

Thank you very much for the job well done :)

Thanks thanks thanks!

The space panic sound works fine and nice :)

In this moment only one of my favorite games have problems in mame. Can I dream with Crazy Climber with sound problems fixed someday?

I have verified all new romsets but with new samples is imposible to find panic.zip :D
I only can find panic samples in wav format and using a wav2sam format program to convert them is not working :(

Have someone found panic sam files that are well verified with the dat file?

panic.zip is the sample for space panic? o_O

Thank you.

Rivroner said:
I have verified all new romsets but with new samples is imposible to find panic.zip :D
I only can find panic samples in wav format and using a wav2sam format program to convert them is not working :(

Thank you.
I can provide you with Space Panic .SAM samples, but I have no where to host them.

Franxis, great improvements to the DrZ80 core. Many Z80 games work really well. I've noticed that game slike 1943 are full speed (60FPS) with undercloclk. Now if the last few remaining bugs could be removed from the Z80 ASM core we could have a single executable... and good speed for all Z80 based games...

slaanesh said:
Rivroner said:

Thank you.
I can provide you with Space Panic .SAM samples, but I have no where to host them.

Franxis, great improvements to the DrZ80 core. Many Z80 games work really well. I've noticed that game slike 1943 are full speed (60FPS) with undercloclk. Now if the last few remaining bugs could be removed from the Z80 ASM core we could have a single executable... and good speed for all Z80 based games...

Slaanesh, look at your PM :p :D

Thank you :)

Hey, very nice work guys! I love this emulator and hope it continues to expand support. Expect another donation from me when I get paid next =D

One thing that is driving me nuts, and I don't know if anyone can help me... CLRMAME sucks ass big time... I have MAME ROMS 0.109 and no matter what I do using CLRMAME certain games just don't work. Examples are Cabal, Sonic Wings, Aerofigher 2 & 3. It's always a missing ROM file...

Anyone else have these problems?

Back