Mame Gp2x 1.5

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
MAME GP2X 1.5 (February 5, 2006) http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

- Hardware video scaling / stretching in horizontal and vertical mode (faster).
- Screen is updated now with a single video buffer (faster).
- Added 20 new romsets from MAME 0.35b3 (total supported games now is 1083!): Breywood (breywood), Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (World) (dino), Capcom World 2 (Japan) (cworld2j), Captain Silver (csilver), The Real Ghostbusters (3 player) (ghostb3), Gondomania (gondo), Last Mission (Rev 5) (lastmss2), Last Mission (Rev 6) (lastmiss), Mekyo Sensi (mekyosen), Muscle Bomber Duo (Japan) (mbomberj), Muscle Bomber Duo (World) (mbomber), Punisher (Japan) (punishrj), Punisher (World) (punisher), Quiz & Dragons (Japan) (qadj), Quiz & Dragons (US) (qad), Shackled (shackled), Slam Masters (World) (slammast), Super Real Darwin (srdarwin), Tenchi o Kurau 2 (Japan) (wofj), Warriors of Fate (World) (wof).
- Added 2 new romsets from MAME 0.35b8: Tumble Pop (bootleg set 1) (tumblep) and Tumble Pop (bootleg set 2) (tumblep2).
- Graphics fixed in Three Wonders (MAME 0.35b3 and MAME 0.35b6).
- Speed fixed in Psycho Nicks Oscar (MAME 0.35b3).
- Added a new frontend graphic skin created by Sike.
- New clrmame.dat created by [MaD] updated up to MAME GP2X 1.5.

Thanks for all your hard work....it is very much appreciated

the emulation crash when I catch a fairy in Solomons Key.
(demo mode also crash a first level)

Thanx :)

I'll fire this build up; The last build had problems scaling higher res games (like Super Sprint) -- clip mode worked, but scaled mode just went to hell. Seeing as the scaling has been redone, could well be fixed.. woot :)

Franxis -- I showed my 2x around to a few folks .. MAME alone is going to make GPH a few sales :p

jeff

A few things do seem faster; Siuper Sprint still has funked up graphics (botom edge of display when scaled), but its better than it was.

I need to rollback my more current rom-filenames to make more compatible.. need to get Quartet 2 fixins', and Rolling Thunder. Oh baby :)

can someone upload the listinfo.txt (for use with advancescan) to somewhere thats not rapidshare, which for some reason does not work for me.

skeezix posted on Feb 5 2006 at 02:44 PM said:
I'll fire this build up; The last build had problems scaling higher res games (like Super Sprint) -- clip mode worked, but scaled mode just went to hell. Seeing as the scaling has been redone, could well be fixed.. woot :)

Franxis -- I showed my 2x around to a few folks .. MAME alone is going to make GPH a few sales :p

jeff

A few things do seem faster; Siuper Sprint still has funked up graphics (botom edge of display when scaled), but its better than it was.

I need to rollback my more current rom-filenames to make more compatible.. need to get Quartet 2 fixins', and Rolling Thunder. Oh baby :)

Thank you Skeezix, but the new hardware scaling mode does not run yet with Super Sprint (also Popeye, Toobin, Paperboy, etc). This is because the video buffer has a maximum of 320*240*2 bytes length, and Super Sprint is 640*480... The result: image ok in the upper part of the screen and garbage in the lower part.. I have to investigate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Franxis,

First of all thank you for your excellent effort on development of GP2X. I'd like to know if there is any progress on TV-Out? It would be very nice to play these games on TV. :D

And I made a donation for MAME GP2X to you. I think everyone should do... ;)

Thanks again.

Where is 1.5 downloaded from? i cant see it on franxis site...?

beb posted on Feb 5 2006 at 01:27 PM said:
the emulation crash when I catch a fairy in Solomons Key.
(demo mode also crash a first level)

Thanx :)

i belive this is due to not emulated protection... (it was fixed in a later mame though.)

Thanks again Franxiz, you rock!

One note: Zoo Keeper's sound got goofy in this build ... it sounded better in the last version.

This is great thanks.

One thing though could it be possible to save controller configurations and other settings (FS video, audio clock etc) for each game? Having to set up controls every time you start the game gets very tedious. Especially for the more complex ones like Robotron, defender, missile command etc. In those games all of the fire buttons are jumbled and it takes time to sort what should be what. Then the next time you start it you have to do it all over again. To be able to save for eash game would be SO much nicer. Even if it is just a config file that can be edited in a text editor, something.

craigix posted on Feb 5 2006 at 08:20 PM said:
This version almost works in TV out mode, its just squashed to the left, like Vice used to be, the solution is on the wiki.

http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/TV-out_support

Yes i know, but i'm waiting until the new firmware with tv-out support is released. I don't want to update the firmware with one of those betas, i don't want to hurry :D

When the new firmware is released and get the cabling to connect the gp2x tv-out connector to my TV i will try to solve the TV-Out issues.

Thanks.

DaveC posted on Feb 5 2006 at 09:02 PM said:
This is great thanks.

One thing though could it be possible to save controller configurations and other settings (FS video, audio clock etc) for each game? Having to set up controls every time you start the game gets very tedious. Especially for the more complex ones like Robotron, defender, missile command etc. In those games all of the fire buttons are jumbled and it takes time to sort what should be what. Then the next time you start it you have to do it all over again. To be able to save for eash game would be SO much nicer. Even if it is just a config file that can be edited in a text editor, something.

Of course i will add this function (like in the gp32 version)... but i always got more interesting things to improve, add or test... i will add it in the next version, probably :lol:

i know it's probably a bit of a moot point and all, but is there any chance the GP32 version will ever see any more upgrade?

i know "support 2X" and all of that, and i will pick one up eventually.. and it's great to know that when that does happen, there's gonna be a kickass mame port running on it.. but in the meantime, y'know..!!

thanks for your hard work!!

Back