Mame And Other Emu Help

SirOmega

Still Fresh
So I have a problem with the mame4all emu. I try to run Aero Fighters 3 and it won't run. Not sure why says I am missing files which I guess are Neo-Geo bios files, but I move those over and still no go. Not 100% sure what do do. I also can't seem to get my outside controller to work so I can play Altered Beast on 2 player mode, on MAME or on my PicoDrive. I also can't get it to work on GNNeo as well. Not sure what to do. Mostly I am concerned with the MAME

You need the neogeo.zip for the correct mame version, in this case mame 0.34, copy this file to your roms folder and it should work fine (you also need the Aero Fighters roms of mame 0.34, later roms won't work).

as for the controller, did you activate the usb drive in the settings? it wouldn't detect my ps3 controller until i did that.

I did activate it, so far out of the 2 I have tried it only works on the MAME with one. The PicoDrive just lets me control it through the controller not set it up for a second player. But I suppose the MAME 2 player will have to do

SirOmega said:
I did activate it, so far out of the 2 I have tried it only works on the MAME with one. The PicoDrive just lets me control it through the controller not set it up for a second player. But I suppose the MAME 2 player will have to do

I had the same issue with Picodrive. USB joysticks always seem to act as the caanoo's own joystick, even in menus. The Caanoo's joystick however, does not control whatever you've tried to bind the usb joystick to. Buttons seem to map fine, it's just the joystick itself. It's good to hear that MAME doesn't have that problem, though (Not gotten my MAME4ALL or GnGeo working yet, don't know any others with USB input support).

I've not yet tried multiple usb devices through a hub yet to see if this only occurs on the first joystick detected, or all of them.

Picodrive also doesn't seem to register input from a hat switch, which is what the d-pad on one of my usb pads use by default.

Edit: Tested with a hub, and Picodrive has this behavior on the first joystick of every device. Other joysticks on the same device do not register.

Further Edit: Just figured it out, you have to go into the Player 1 section and UNBIND them there (With left/right on the stick to change device panes as normal), it seems to automatically bind new usb devices there by default.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back