League Bowling In Mame Help Please

antaresuk

I am trying to get league bowling to work with mame 3.9. I have the lbowling.zip and also the neo geo roms zip in the roms folder. When I try and run the game I get "n050001a.038 unable to open ROM"

now these zips are from my windows MAME so I am pretty sure the files are ok. What am I missing?

Thx

antaresuk said:
I am trying to get league bowling to work with mame 3.9. I have the lbowling.zip and also the neo geo roms zip in the roms folder. When I try and run the game I get "n050001a.038 unable to open ROM"

now these zips are from my windows MAME so I am pretty sure the files are ok. What am I missing?

Thx
You may not have the right version of ROM. Actually, mine doesn't load either but it stops at n050001a.178

You need to use version 0.34/0.35 ROMS for MAME. Your PC most likely uses a much later version.

EDIT: I tried a 0.36 version ROM and that seems to work fine. Use clrmame, that will assist you in determining whether your ROM is good or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
antaresuk said:

Thx
Lbowling is a neo geo game, do you have the neogeo system files in place as well ?

Nickmon said:
antaresuk said:

Thx
Lbowling is a neo geo game, do you have the neogeo system files in place as well ?

yes i do, I'll give the .34 version a go like slaanesh suggests. Cheers

antaresuk said:
Nickmon said:
antaresuk said:

Thx

yes i do, I'll give the .34 version a go like slaanesh suggests. Cheers

I copied over the .36 version and it worked. Thanks guys :)

Back