Malfunctioning left nub.

I have the same problem on my CC, I desoldered the nub, opened and cleaned it, but it changed nothing.
Did yours also get notably worse as your updated the OS, or has it always been this bad? My left nub these days seems to want to go left and down more than it ever wants to go right and up, and I don't recall it being that bad when I first got my unit, but I can't peg it down to a particular update that made it worse. The nub dance does usually work for me, although rarely for very long.

OS updates can't cause it, it's most likely just a coincidence.
Like said, they (the nubs) are read-only, they only take power and a reset as input (into them), everything else is output.

Last edited:
Maybe something with your U-Boot is not right?
Reflashing an older Firmware do not Downgrade the U-Boot afaik.
Notaz had made Changes with voltings on it.
Sorry for my Bad English...but i think your U-Boot is maybe not good on your Pandora.
Just an Idea.

Last edited:
FWIW I've changed the script run on Pandora button presses (forgot the name, don't have the Pandora with me) to effectively turn short Pandora button presses into nub resets.

Hi,
I have already reflasher several times with SuperZaxxon v1.55 and other versions (but I rest with SuperZaxxon v1.55).
I would like to find the scripts to continue the nubs in order to edit or see if everything is ok.
But where to find the right script for the nubs and how to change it?
I already try to modify a script with "nano", for experiment, but impossible to save the modifications !!!

Editing scripts won't help, as well as changing u-boot, read my previous post. Looks like people are ignoring me, I guess I'll just stop responding.

As for the nano problem, some files are owned by root (superuser) so they are not changed accidentally, use "sudo nano <file>" to edit them.

OS updates can't cause it, it's most likely just a coincidence.
Like said, they (the nubs) are read-only, they only take power and a reset as input (into them), everything else is output.

Could it help some folks to automatically run a script to reset the nubs every time their Pandora starts? Assuming the reset action is 'scriptable'

Thank you for your help and your answers notaz.
I understand what you want to explain.

Could it help some folks to automatically run a script to reset the nubs every time their Pandora starts? Assuming the reset action is 'scriptable'
My left nub is usually working well after I reboot and log on, it then rapidly stops going up and right within the next few seconds. A keyboard shortcut to reset the nubs may indeed be useful for when I really need to use the nubs, although I've learned how to do almost everything using the terminal for now, and always have one of those running somewhere (or can get one using the pandora button, the d-pad down (twice, I think), and enter relatively quickly). But if that shortcut would work from inside full-screen games, that might enable me to play some that I've stopped having to play for now.

Default reset shortcut might be a good idea, as there are many pandoras with bad nubs and they seem to be getting worse with time too.

Any ideas for such shortcut that would not interfere with anything?
There is little-known shortcut Fn-L that switches between layers for TV-out, so perhaps Fn-K? I doubt anyone has to type the pound sign often.

Back