Magazine article

asterix*

Still Fresh
Hi,

I'm currently putting together issue 5 of our pdf magazine (www.gamestyle.net/magazine) and the main feature is the GP32 - I'm just posting this to see if there's anything anyone would like to say about the GP32. Basically we've got room for some fan soundbites so if anyone has any little quotes, paragraphs or whatever they'd like to see in print (if you will) about why the machine is so wonderful just post away.

Cheers guys,

Alex

Finally a way to take game classics like MULE, Spindizzy Worlds, Rock'n'Roll, Turrican, Sonic the Hedgehog with you whereever you go :)

It might be good to point out that once you've bought the GP32 and a blank SMC, there's nothing else to buy (other than games and programs). To get silimar capabilities on a GBA (homebrew games, movie playback, mp3 player, etc) you have to buy a whole bunch of $30 to $100 accessories.

Portable SNES, Megadrive, PC Engine, Game Gear, Atari ST and Doom 1 & 2 all without changing a cartridge on a machine the size of GBA? What is there not to like!! Get one today!

"A programmers dream come true. Finally a portable computer with a freely available software development kit, both functional and easy to use". The good 'ol days of games programming are back at last!

be careful when it comes to emulation, as its pretty much illegal, unless you use homebrew roms (heh, unlikely).

Castaway has legitimate uses though, and ports of doom, day of the tentacle etc are legit. Also, a the divx player can be used legitimately (however, its being taken down soon, hopefully a homebrew project will be able to replace it).

Not to mention mp3/ogg playback, and image viewers.

Oh, and I ask you NOT TO EXAGGERATE!!!

it cant play SNES that well, there is a possibility of it getting a lot better though
and the Gameboy emulator is a bit dogey as well.

That's all, thanks - got plenty!

Cheers.

-edit - mag now available (see original post for URL).

Thanks.

Downloads? Not sure, not my department mate. I think Issue 4 was getting a few thousand a day, though.

Back