Release MadTV pnd

t4nk269

Still Fresh
MadTv pnd for pandora using dosbox + notaz_sdl. (limited hacked) Touchscreen + nub support.

First run: install, it takes a few seconds.

If you own a less buggy copy of MadTV for dos  other than the used ones please post.

too big to attach..

MadTv.pnd

Here a Video for the blind ;) ,demonstration that it sometimes just works..

http://www.file-upload.net/download-7728852/MadTv.ogg.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep.

But there's an issue with the mouse pointer, it can't reach the whole directions. It's a problem with dosbox iirc.

Not really playable :(   even with touchscreen.

Yep.

But there's an issue with the mouse pointer, it can't reach the whole directions. It's a problem with dosbox iirc.

Not really playable :(   even with touchscreen.
is there really no way to get around the mouse pointer issue in dosbox? I've been having this problem for ages too...

I tried to fix this issue some time ago, but I found out it's not possible to use MADTV with a touchscreen.

The reason for this, is that the game uses a strange mouse handling. The visible mouse cursor's position is different from the real mouse position.

Every time you move the mouse, the game reads the relative mouse coordinates from DOS (e. g. +10 on x-axis, -20 on y-axis) and redraws the cursor. Afterwards it resets the mouse position to (0,0) via DOS interrupt.

So, while the visible cursor moves around the screen, the invisible hardware cursor is constantly at (0,0).

This is why the game simply cannot work properly with an absolute input device like a touchscreen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi thanks for trying.. i added a Video.

@BAFelton

try to sync by pressing 1 until it the pointer matches your touchpoint

@Crionic

You are right, in some aspects..

MadTv has its own mousepointer which is moved by relative movement of dosmousedriver. (But i believe it set the dos mouse driver position back to middle of the screen, read the readme for more info)

So you have to keep them in sync.. you can do this by calibrating your mouse by moving it for example to all 4 corners, or by pressing 1.

Ones it is in sync its get rarely out of sync and if it does press 1. (You have to press 1 more often at the start (in the menus)).

"This is why the game simply cannot work properly with an absolute input device like a touchscreen."

Not right, you just have to find mousepointer position in madtv memory and you are syncing even better, but i havent done that. It is good enough for me at the moment.

The places where it gets out of sync, like buying tv tower, you want to go to the other "non clicking" touchpad mode for hovering by pressing ctrl anyway (left mouse:3 , rigth mouse 4)

Im more concerned about memory usage of dosbox and even more the bugs in MadTv "roms" itself.

Ok, since this thread is about MadTv:

Yeah, one could add a special MadTv support to DosBox. That's certainly possible.

But I was thinking of a more generic approach, since MadTv is by far not the only DOS program, that has issues with touchpads. And there I can't see a general solution.

Have a look at the improved sdl thread. There is an environment variable to set to disable relative mousemovement in recent firmware.

Back