Made something to ease my wait...

cobrajs

Still Fresh
I knitted my Pandora a sweater so it'll be safe and warm when it gets here. I just hope it finds its way out of France so it can get to me!

IMG_0651.JPG

My GP2X is in it right now; I used it to test the fit. Nice and snug. Only problem is I made it upside down, so the logo is facing the bottom.

Amazing!

I reckon you could make yourself a nice littler earner if you sold them :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought about doing that, but it took a while to make (around five hours). Plus, I really need to get cracking on my platform game :p

how is knitting still an art in such a day and age, btw great work, and i wouldnt mind having one of those myself

That's awesome. I can't knit (I do want to have another try at learning at some point, though), and I can't help but admire how great this looks. Good work. :D

how is knitting still an art in such a day and age, btw great work, and i wouldnt mind having one of those myself
It's relaxing, and it gives me something to do while I consume media. So this morning, instead of just listening to Viking metal, I knitted this and listened to Viking metal. It's a great feeling, making your own stuff.

I can post up my chart if anyone wants to give it a go. Or maybe, I could donate one for the platforming competition?

Last edited by a moderator:
:D :D

As a swede, the mental image of someone listening to Viking Metal (what is that, really? As in - Have any bandnames to give me?) and knitting mittens for the forthcoming Pandora is just brilliant! Yes, I'd love to see a chart!

seriously, how to you knit and listen to metal at the same time...i though i was pushing the stereotype limits by being somewhat of a nerd and playing basketball, but knitting and metal...?

Viking Metal (what is that, really? As in - Have any bandnames to give me?)

I would like to listen to Viking Metal also. I usually like bands like New Order or perhaps some Modern English if I'm feeling rocking out.

Once my doctor gives me the O.K. I'm gonna check out Bathory :)

Hm. Sounds like worth checking out, at least once, even though I have a slight problem with some of those extreme-metal-genres. The music is usually OK; but if they start growling, I can't stop giggling :)

I once heard Turisas play at a music festival, and I kinda liked it though I'm not usually into metal. At least wikipedia's list of viking metal bands lists it as one.

I once heard Turisas play at a music festival, and I kinda liked it though I'm not usually into metal. At least wikipedia's list of viking metal bands lists it as one.

They were the only band that came to mind when I read the term "Viking Metal." Not a huge metal fan myself, but they're not bad. Definitely has a conquer-y feel to it.

In this particular playlist, I have some Turisas, Wintersun (not really Viking metal), Korpiklaani, and Ensiferum. Maybe not all totally Viking metal, but pretty close. I just downloaded that list maybe three days ago. Korpiklaani is great stuff, like humppa metal. Turisas has a very epic sound, although it's a little cheesy (not a bad thing).

seriously, how to you knit and listen to metal at the same time...i though i was pushing the stereotype limits by being somewhat of a nerd and playing basketball, but knitting and metal...?
I like to pretend that stereotypes don't exist. I'll do some knitting with metal, go out skateboarding, then come back inside and play some DDR and cool down with writing some code. And don't you insult my manbag either!

Viking Metal (what is that, really? As in - Have any bandnames to give me?)

I would like to listen to Viking Metal also. I usually like bands like New Order or perhaps some Modern English if I'm feeling rocking out.

Once my doctor gives me the O.K. I'm gonna check out Bathory :)

I love New Order! Bizarre Love Triangle is one of the best songs ever. I only really know Melt With You by Modern English, though. I have some other tracks, but I don't really like them. Coming from those, though, Viking metal will probably be pretty jarring at first, depending on which band you pick. Most metal is an acquired taste (I used to hate metal), so I'd recommend power metal (Blind Guardian, Stratovarious, Iced Earth) first. Power metal has much cleaner vocals, unlike some of the heavier metals where you will encounter growls, screams, and shrieks. The Encyclopedia Metallum is really great for learning about bands (once you hear about them, browsing is really hit and miss). Wikipedia is a pretty good place to learn about big bands in the various genres. I've really only just gotten into Viking metal, but Amon Amarth is great, as well as the ones I mentioned above. I'm still exploring. That's one really great thing about metal. Always more to explore.

Also, I attached the pixel chart I used.

pandylogo.png

It's relaxing, and it gives me something to do while I consume media. So this morning, instead of just listening to Viking metal, I knitted this and listened to Viking metal. It's a great feeling, making your own stuff.

I can post up my chart if anyone wants to give it a go. Or maybe, I could donate one for the platforming competition?

Sure, please post the chart. My wife says she'll make me one! (Nice colours by the way)

Back