Lynx and Vectrex emulators..

ralp99

I know this may come off as sounding a little anxious, but what happened to these two emulators? Amidst some higher-profile news (Castaway, fNes ramblings) these two slipped into the scene relatively recently, there was a little banter about them in the message boards and the piffff no one cares anymore. I for one would love to see continued work on these emulators (to anything near the degree of the "more popular emu's" would be unbelievable!) but I fear that they'll fade away into the general GP32-fan unconciousness if continually ignored.. is anyone with me? How about a little support/enthusiasm for the work that's begun on Atari Lynx and Vectrex? It seems like they're pretty respectably far along, a little more work would bring them up to "pretty playable" or something. Anyway, thanks [respective authors] for the work done so far, and getting these great (forgotten) systems back on the map!

Well the reason why theres no updates for the lynx emulator is because no ones doing it right now, the author of it released the source for it already

The guy who was doing the Vectrex emu wqas releasing so frequenly primarily because he didn't have a gamepark yet; Now he's got one, snd said to expect less frequent releases on account of it.

That said, we can probably expect a *very* good emu when it does next come out.

Hi,

It was me who was/is working on the Vectrex emulator. I've not given up on it, however work on it has slowed down a bit (blame Castaway and GPengine!). I've made quite a bit of progress, it's now pretty much full speed on many games but I want to get sound in before I make another release or fix up the compatibility.

As I said - next release hopefulyl will be great :)

Great work so far, and looking forward to another release in due course. Sound'd be the icing on the cake. Saving isn't as important on Vectrex, is it...

Back