Low Battery Indicator!

Lol! Already got an idea!

How about a dual-color led replacing the actual gp32 power led... so when the battery is low the led will change colors...

Think Think :lol:

ehm guy, we have allready a much better sulution, you can add a a single wire inside the gp from the power to the µc and you can read the battery level by software

Good to know! Thanks!

but anyway this still a good option when you're running a game or other program that doesn't display the battery level :)

is there like an fxe I can run after that mod to tell me about battery status on the fly?
thats neat, might have to add that to my UberGP32 list

~Octavious

i don't see the use of a software battery-tester.

if i play i game and suddenly the power goes off, i really would've liked a led to show me "let's make a savestate!"

Vimacs posted on Sep 29 2004 at 02:09 PM said:
whats about the game says by itself in a nice little popup "batetry is low" and saves by itself?

that would be even better, but as a different savename tho, not overwriting whatever you had saved before. imagine you just died or something, the battery went out and it saved over your previous savegame :(

Last edited by a moderator:
could this be done by the firmaware? i think, if yes, the hole 8MB memory must be saved...

and otherwise, every emu-author must implement this and for homebrew games, as well.

a different colored led would be muuuch easier, like at the gba/sp.

elektrocution posted on Sep 29 2004 at 11:18 PM said:
Vimacs posted on Sep 29 2004 at 02:09 PM said:
whats about the game says by itself in a nice little popup "batetry is low" and saves by itself?

that would be even better, but as a different savename tho, not overwriting whatever you had saved before. imagine you just died or something, the battery went out and it saved over your previous savegame :(

yeah, that wouldnt be good, but it would be if when u choose to save u quikly save a file.

like:
file0.sav
file1.sav
file2.sav
file3 ect.

mabey sumthing like that? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This concept is pretty good - you could have a firmware monitor running on an interrupt which would dump the memory at the appropriate point. It could check every few seconds, and shouldn't have any impact on anything currently running. You could wire the battery to the ext port and read the voltage that way. The only worry would be if it detected the low battery and started saving, but then the power went off while writing to the SMC...

I am still going for the LED thing...Just alot more convienient, so you could do a quick glance and see if your battery was dieing. Anyone gotta chance to try this? Or planning on trying this on their GP? I'd love for my GP to be modded with a battery monitor LED, or maybe add a blue or green LED that would overtake the red one :ph34r:

Back