Loud Mod

angrypants

GP OG
hey has anyone ever tried to mod their gp32 to make it louder? If so does anyone have any tips on how to do it?

I think that sound volume in generally software controlled. I understand what you mean, though. The speakers are VERY quiet on many programs--most notably on gpCinema. What I do in that case is when making my AVI in VirtualDub, I set the volume to 325%, which seems to be just about right.

But I have no idea how to make speakers louder through a mod, though.

I just use headphones when it's too quiet.

Yeah, I know you wanted a mod, I don't know what you'd do though. Maybe you could reduce the resistors to the speakers... that is if there are any. :p

Yes, Get a 3.5 mm pin to Twin RCA lead, Plug the pin end into the headphone socket of your GP32 and the RCA end into the back of your stereo, et voila. :p

Trooper

if there are potentiometers on the board just take a small screw driver and adjust the pots

B) wildo2ne

shinneri posted on Feb 24 2005 at 02:07 AM said:
I think that sound volume in generally software controlled. I understand what you mean, though. The speakers are VERY quiet on many programs--most notably on gpCinema. What I do in that case is when making my AVI in VirtualDub, I set the volume to 325%, which seems to be just about right.

But I have no idea how to make speakers louder through a mod, though.

I always set it to 500 % but its still too quiet...(well, depends on the movie)

Last edited by a moderator:
for some reason my Flu is louder than the BLU.. They must have used differnet speakers :)

Funnily enough (or not so funny as the case may be!), I find this to be true with laptop PC's as well. They have really quiet built in speakers, but if you plug headphones in, you gotta make sure you turn it right the way down or you'll deafen yourself!

As for the GP32, why not get some powered speakers (the type you use on a walkman/mp3 player/portable cd etc, powered by 2 AA batterys), and try taking the speakers out & housing them in your GP32 along with the small amp. OR (depending on the wattage of the GP32 speakers), try attaching the amp to them (without replacing the speakers) and power it either from the batterys in the GP, or to a separate battery 'caddy' (for want of a better word!).

I think it could be done & would try it because I'm not happy with the sound volume either, but I just got a brand new BLU (not a BLU+ either! Woo hoo!) so don't wanna risk it! <_<

Funkmeister_Smith posted on Feb 24 2005 at 01:35 PM said:
Funnily enough (or not so funny as the case may be!), I find this to be true with laptop PC's as well. They have really quiet built in speakers, but if you plug headphones in, you gotta make sure you turn it right the way down or you'll deafen yourself!

Well its pritty obvious thta headphones will seem to be louder as the sound is forced down / onto your ear.... I dont see people with their ear on a laptop speaker :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The speakers doesn't bear too high volume... I tried raising the volume in GPMadMP3 (I don't remember its name) and afterwards I thought they were toast for sure! So don't try modding the GP to make it send louder sound to the speakers, as they won't be able to handle it...

Back