Looking for memory card recommendation in UK

I would go for full-sized SD cards to use with the Pandora. Granted, if you get micro with an adaptor you can use it in more places, but I've always found in the past that by the time you stop using a card in one device, you can buy one many times the size for practically pennies.

I tend to trust full-sized SD cards more. 32GB is an awful lot to pack in a small space and I'd expect smaller flash cells to be less reliable. But these days micro SD cards are significantly cheaper than full sized ones because of economies of scale, so it depends on your budget.

In terms of brands, Samsung is okay. I only trust Samsung and Sandisk as, as far as I know, those two companies are the only ones that make their own flash memory chips, flash controllers and complete memory cards, so there's less chance of fake goods entering the production chain.

I don't trust Play any more personally. It's just a marketplace type place these days, and you end up buying things from any tom, dick or harry. I guess if you can trust their feedback system you might be okay though.

I use Kingston generally. However, I ordered some PRETEC 64GB from ED's shop recently and while they are fast and reliable loading and saving wise, the build quality is very poor. Two of my cards have cracked open at the end. So much as I'd love to encourage you to support ED, I really can't in this instance.

The only thing I would say though is NEVER buy cards on eBay (or from Amazon sellers). Many are cheap for a reason (even named brands) - they are likely to be fakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
SanDisk, from Amazon themselves (no 3rd party sellers). You'll get free shipping, and if you opt for the 'frustration-free packaging' rather than the retail pack, you get a little protective plastic case with each card too!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice all.

I bought a 32gb sandisk one direct from Amazon as advised.

Thanks all

Pt

Back