Look Who Flew The Nest!

fusion_power said:
Evil Star said:
I agree, I don't want greasy fingerprints all over my precious Pandora. Working all day on an assembly line will make your hands sweat profusely, not only from physical effort but also because this type of work is extremely stressful, causing clammy hands. I think they should use gloves even though it might slow them down a touch.
+1
I thought it was a common standard to use gloves during assembling an electronic Device. There are soft, light gloves for this kind of stuff so I also would recommend to use them.
copper1.jpg
From sampling a quick google search, it would seem gloves are few and far between.
And I realize those are actually antistatic, but I'd be plain creeped out wearing something that looks so similar to wool while handling electronics, never mind the tactile feedback.

Hah, look at this, we don't need no stinking webcam to bikeshed the assembly line.

Last edited by a moderator:
x68000 said:
Typing this all right now on the Pandora. How surreal is that :D

Very :D I know this is all possible... did this for the last few months... but seeing "normal" users are doing this certainly feels surreal for me :D

Last edited:
Has to be quartet - one of my favorite games ever :)

maaan I so can't wait for working wifi and screen.. I'm approx #39 so should be Monday batch :)
jeffphone

I know it's waaaaaay too early, but here's the local Mega Man geek hoping for "M" to be "Mega Man". :lol:

@x68000 - It sounds like it's living up to expectations! Looking forward to your impressions on the emulators. :D

x68000 said:
I was in a major rush last night, so just took the photos on my iphone. plus there was little natural light left (10pm) and the light in the room came from halogen downlighters.
I hope you don't mind that I edited your pic for the unofficial blog. I did my best to fix the colors.

As I said in the blog post, we are grateful that you helped with the assembly, and that you took pics.

Caine said:
Sander Hoksbergen said:
I go to university (Eindhoven UoT). A few weeks ago I decided to buy an HTC Desire to replace my dying iPhone 2G, right after the phone's launch date here. As soon as classes started again (had exams) I saw FIVE PEOPLE in ONE DAY that also had the same phone >_>. It's geek territory. Once the pandora gets shipped en masse to the NL, I expect the same to happen.
Wow, I didn't expect to find a Pandora user this close to home. I'm a PhD in the computer science department. You reside in E-hoog?

The building was renamed Potentiaal :) . And yeah, I'm a second-year Electrical Engineering student. But see, this is exactly what I mean :)!

Sander Hoksbergen said:
Caine said:
Sander Hoksbergen said:
I go to university (Eindhoven UoT). A few weeks ago I decided to buy an HTC Desire to replace my dying iPhone 2G, right after the phone's launch date here. As soon as classes started again (had exams) I saw FIVE PEOPLE in ONE DAY that also had the same phone >_>. It's geek territory. Once the pandora gets shipped en masse to the NL, I expect the same to happen.
Wow, I didn't expect to find a Pandora user this close to home. I'm a PhD in the computer science department. You reside in E-hoog?

The building was renamed Potentiaal :) . And yeah, I'm a second-year Electrical Engineering student. But see, this is exactly what I mean :) !
I was thinking of going to Eindhoven to study. Now that I know that there are that many Pandoras there, it's probably best that I decided not to! ;) :p

There seem to be surprisingly many people from the Netherlands with Pandoras. I wonder if that's true or if the Germans just use their own board and other countries just don't use English a lot. Yay stereotypes.

Also, renaming that building Potentiaal... Cringeworthy, but secretly I'm laughing.

Huge congrats to x68000 for getting your Pandora. Now there's just the torturous wait for the shipping confirmation email for the rest of us (I should be in the 300-350 range, so hopefully won't have to wait too long - these pictures sure are making me impatient though).

Hey Craig, that's great news. You guys have already managed to ramp up production already. Was that 90 semi-completed units I counted on that table? Hopefully you can provide the feedback to the manufacturers, so they can tweak these things a little (uh oh) or at lest help you by doing the sticky pads and the like.

You're all doing a smashing job.

Dead1nside said:
Was that 90 semi-completed units I counted on that table?
I hope not. Counting that much is probably a sign of insanity or something :p

WizardStan said:
Dead1nside said:
Was that 90 semi-completed units I counted on that table?
I hope not. Counting that much is probably a sign of insanity or something :p
lol...... either that or the guy is a genius who multiplied 15 by 6

Mithrildor said:
Just leave it by this. We all know the picture was bad and editing will make it look worse.

Not necessarily, all it needs is the RGB channels tweaked to reduce red and yellow, then boost blue (on several levels), a bit of desaturation (the thing is black after all) and then a quick wipe with the desaturation sponge round the screen edge. Fiddle with the brightness curves, a smattering of unsharp mask and -

211j5p5nopurple.jpg

borgqueenx said:

My apologies in advance, but I think you mean 'the same'?

Considering I have a bit of a wait until I receive mine, I'm just hoping that a unit ends up in the hands of someone with a real camera soon. I don't think we've ever had crisp, clear, professional high-res stills or 1080 video of the Pandora. It would certainly make the wait easier seeing just how good the thing looks up close.

Back