Look Who Flew The Nest!

SomeGuy99 said:
Y will be hard to do. Yoshi?
Or, more obscurely, Yanchamaru. :p

EDIT: Ninja'd by ED, whilst I was talking about a game about a ninja! Unthinkable! :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
SomeGuy99 said:
skeezix said:
yeah, ED and I were thinking about release names, so we coudl identify; a given firmware could be NAME + patches; ie: Same as Debian and Ubuntu's famous names.

We were bouncing ideas around and ED thought about starting forward, or.. backwards; and I think I said we shoudl do a theme, and it all came together. Zaxxon is the perfect, and we'll go to Y next, etc :)

jeff

Y will be hard to do. Yoshi?

Ys ? :)

I guess you thought this one through. B)

VRAndy said:
Deyna said:
you forgot:
[*]0000002012
shame on you for forgetting the year the world as we know it will end
oh and the year computers were supposed to fail:
[*]0000001999
*00000002038 If you're going for doomsday years then this one is probably most appropriate for Pandora.
that's true. i haven't heard of that one in a pretty long while

ZoxFox said:
104411514-e9e0a8ab7111cc8b5dd7f37d78712adc.4bf87000-scaled.jpg

http://twitpic.com/1q5wfu

the moderation is weird as is the writing habbits of 90% of the users in this board -.-*

ZoxFox said:

the moderation is weird as is the writing habbits of 90% of the users in this board -.-*

edit: or the former is not...confusing stuff that pics are shown as URLs although they are marked as images. anyway the fact with the writting habbits is still true :p

ZoxFox said:
ZoxFox said:
ZoxFox said:

edit: or the former is not...confusing stuff that pics are shown as URLs although they are marked as images. anyway the fact with the writting habbits is still true :p

You can't directly hotlink images from TwitPic like that, especially because they're uploaded to Amazon S3 relatively soon after they're posted. You have to use the image embed URL which redirects appropriately, like this:

(I would know, I work for TwitPic :p )

Yamato?

jeff

Folks, put pnd files into /pandora/desktop or /pandora/menu .. I'm getting lots of questions about it :) Check the unofficial manual :)

This puts a tear in my eye, after all the hurdles that stood in our way we finally overcame.

Now you know what it's like to ship something you create.

In essence, this is why people as old as 62 still make games in the industry.

Which reminds me, I've met a guy during my time at GDC 10 who turned out to be a programmer for Myst and Riven, at lunch during the final days.
He pretty much described shipping games and seeing it on store shelf as a high which it's longevity will surpass our lifetime.

There is only .4% of the population that can say the same thing in that vein; Craig, ED, M, and MFK can add themselves to that list.

Congrats :pandora2ut4:

EvilDragon said:

Damn right, Ys! In fact, I best dig them out from my old PC Engine CDs in preparation.

meltingice said:
ZoxFox said:
ZoxFox said:
ZoxFox said:

You can't directly hotlink images from TwitPic like that, especially because they're uploaded to Amazon S3 relatively soon after they're posted. You have to use the image embed URL which redirects appropriately, like this:

(I would know, I work for TwitPic :p )
I do not see Gloves on the people assembling Pandora's :blink:

Yggdrasil? Younameit?
And congrats X68000, seeing those pics released a flood of emotions from me anticipating the day I get mine, ending with hope! Hmm...

Yeah I was hoping there's be latex gloves for the assemblers to avoid getting finger prints on everything but maybe that's what makes it a first batch homebrew device as opposed to a big time company device, the fact that I might be able to have Craig, ED and MW's finger prints or maybe their blood actually inside a pandora... though I could do without bits of skin, hair and other bodily fluids. eew.

Back